moving my xbmc install to a different user on mac mini
I currently have a mac mini with xbmc installed. I now want to create another user, say MEDIA, and copy over my xbmc intall to that user. My media resides on an external usb drive, so i don't need to change any paths. I copied my xbmc directory from app support to the new user but my xbmc wont work propery (rc2). How do i go about copying over my exact current xbmc setup to the new user? I mean including my skins, skin settings, my videoi/audio library, and other misc settings I had.

I have done some research and ofcourse theres that whole mysql business of keeping my directory in sync between multiple users. I dont need to do that since i don't care if going forward both users change settings indepently, or chnge the library. I simply want my xbmc to be installed in a common profile as well for everybody else in the household to use instead of my profile.

Its obviously not as simple as copying over the xbmc directory, and I did read the mysql guide and dont want to get into all the ufnkiness unless its necessary. If someone knows what im doing wrong please let me know. I cant see a reason why this isnt working, considering my media paths havent changed. When i load up xbmc in the new profile with my xbmc directory copied over, my skin wont even show its default backgrounds.
Your user assigned backgrounds are tied to the user where you assigned them. This means you will need to go into settings and select them again for the new user. I believe the ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Database/Textures.db contains the path information. Also, ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails is where the background is stored based on the path of the background.

I create by XBMC library in a sharable location like /Users/Shared/Dropbox/XBMC and then create a symbolic link from ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC to /Users/Shared/Dropbox/XBMC for any user. Any backgrounds that I assign will end using /Users/Shared/Dropbox/XBMC instead of ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
moving my xbmc install to a different user on mac mini0