any ATI + 120Hz TV users?
after further investigation on the subject,
i noticed that my ATI CCC display settings
report that the max refresh rate for my TV is 75Hz.
because of that, i can't set my desktop resolution to 120Hz.

i sent a support mail to ATI,
here it is

Quote:Hi there, thanks for reading this.

i have a SAMSUNG LN46C650L1F
specs are -> FULL HD 1080P 120Hz LCD

ATI CCC detects my display but,
says its maximum refresh rate its -> 75Hz

and because of that,
i cant set my desktop resolution
to -> 1920 x 1080 @ 120HZ
like in this picture -> http://i.imgur.com/RuT6Y.png
(not my picture)

if you look here -> http://i.imgur.com/QkSps.jpg
(not my picture again)
i'm supposed to see exactly that,
120Hz in maximum reported refresh rate.
not 75Hz.

My video card is an XFX HD6450

How can i make ATI CCC detect 120Hz
as maximum reported refresh rate?

i'm using that latest drivers too!

thank you!!

any of you noticed the same thing?

EDIT by ME:
------------
i believe my HDTV might not be a 'real' 120Hz one.
probably is just a 60Hz HDTV with motion interpolation.
but Samsung advertises it as an 120Hz model...
kinda false advertisement if u think about it...
REAL 120Hz HDTV's are wayyy tooo $$$$
A lot of 120Hz TVs can display 120 frames per second, but they can not accept a 120Hz signal.

They basically take the 60Hz signal, and convert it to 120Hz by adding average frames during post processing.

I believe only the 3D enabled TVs can accept 120Hz through hdmi 1.4a
There is no source material or broadcasts that are in 120Hz to my knowledge, nor can any TVs take a source input at that high of a frame rate. 120Hz TVs have built in software that will animate extra frames between source frames to try to help smooth out the many times poor quality of motion of LCD and LED TVs. Most source material is 60Hz (30fps) or 24Hz (23.976fps). You're going to want to set your refresh rate to 60Hz.
right on thx
Yeah, 120Hz is only interpolated frame to smooth out the motion. Unnatural feel imho, except for sports material.
but i like the motion Tongue
Interpolated frame to smooth out the motion is a synonimous of telenovelas effect Big Grin
Preface: I read a lot of your posts and I feel as if you were a friend of mine, often reading users posts I think "let's see what says eskro about that". You rock.

Said that, I think that the real point of view isn't that you like the frame interpolation, but it's that you dislike when the frame interpolation is turned off. I think you have to blame to your LCD TV that without these image post processing isn't capable to return a good image (LCD is everything but not a technology to watch movies). Take a look to the high end plasma TV, a pioneer kuro or a panasonic VT30 just for example, you need to disable all the TV image post processing to get the best from them. No intelligent frame interpolation, no color remaster, no video noise reduction, no resolution enhancer, nothing of nothing: just only the excellent panel, a TV calibration and a very good video source such as xbmc. That's a cinema experience.
i agree with the panasonic VT30 Smile
(2012-03-13, 11:05)joethefox Wrote: Preface: I read a lot of your posts and I feel as if you were a friend of mine, often reading users posts I think "let's see what says eskro about that". You rock.

Said that, I think that the real point of view isn't that you like the frame interpolation, but it's that you dislike when the frame interpolation is turned off. I think you have to blame to your LCD TV that without these image post processing isn't capable to return a good image (LCD is everything but not a technology to watch movies). Take a look to the high end plasma TV, a pioneer kuro or a panasonic VT30 just for example, you need to disable all the TV image post processing to get the best from them. No intelligent frame interpolation, no color remaster, no video noise reduction, no resolution enhancer, nothing of nothing: just only the excellent panel, a TV calibration and a very good video source such as xbmc. That's a cinema experience.

Totally agree! And the good thing about plasma is since people wants LCD and LED TV, Plasma's are cheap (in price!)!
"Smooth motion" or whatever various set makers call it looks completely horrible...my $.02.
yeah well, i dunnno, i like it Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
any ATI + 120Hz TV users?0