moving my library to new HDD
i moved my library to a new HDD, so now i need to edit the path for all my sources in my library. How can i change the path and avoid rescanning everything ?

I did a test on a folder, i just edited the infos in the file view of XBMC and put the new path. I told XBMC to not rescan everything but it still rescanned everything and now i have to put back the correct titles on everything it didnt scan correctly... I would like to avoid that for my other folders

I dont want to rescan everything... It's already scanned... I just want to tell XBMC to find the files in a new HDD
Never tried so tell me to shut up if I'm wrong but... Would it be possible to edit the path it the database with MySQLworkbench or similar?
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
There's a few ways. MySQL workbench is one. You can also export to an XML file (single file export), then use find/replace in a text editor, then reimport. If you're using Eden you can also use path subs: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Path_substitution
Ok i tryed the export/import method but i screwed everything up. Now i have an even bigger problem

Hopefully i still have a backup of my exported library before i modified it... So i just imported it back and did a library cleaning. My files are back, but the artworks aren't working for 90% of the movies. Pockets and fanarts aren't displaying but when i go to movies information pages, the synopsis is here.

How can i fix that ? I don't want to manually reimport all of my 2000 movies Sad
If you exported to a single file/folder and then changed the paths in the XML file that was exported and then reimported then everything will be fine.

Did you change the paths in the XML?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yes i changed the paths but it didn't work so i tryed to go back. but now all my artworks and pockets are gone...
Caching problem? You could try deleting the userdata\Cache directory and also Textures6.db from userdata\Database.

JR
Just tryed doing that, no success, still having same problem Sad
I would probably just give up and restore the backup of your profile.

If you're determined to find the problem you need to select some example film that has the problem and look at the database to see why the artwork is missing.

JR
Omg...

I finally gave up and started rebuilding my library from scratch but now i'm having having the same problem again. This time i have no backup since i was rebuilding from scratch. I spent many hours adding countless of movies only to get the same bug again... I really don't understand why it happenned. Now when i go to my movies directories in XBMC all i can is the pockets. Synopsis and fanarts aren't displayed. The only way i can see the synopsis and the fanarts is when i press "i" to toggle the information panel.

This problem started appearing around 1 hour ago, just after i did a library clean-up and a re-scan because i edited a couple of file names.

Here's how it looks:

As you can see the synopsis and fanarts isn't displayed. But when i press "i", the informations are here:
I had a similar problem after exporting my media library and installing the latest build of Eden...gave up and did a fresh install.

Omg i'm really desperate now... I don't want to reinstall everything again, i spent many time customising everything and adding personnal menus, rss, etc... I think i will give up forever with XBMC if i can't fix this very annoying bug. I don't want to spend days setting up everything AGAIN and risk losing everything again.
I'm really disappointed because i was using a media-player and i spent hundreds of dollars to build an HTPC for the only purpose of running XBMC... Even bought that nyxboard remote Sad

If someone can find a real solution to my problem i'm willing to pay (payment will be sent through paypal)
Although this suggestion won't help you this time; it would solve your problems in the future.

Assuming you are using Windows; this is what I do.

I create a folder on my C drive and call it something like c:\xbmc.

Within that I create a symbolic link from the real folder on say d:\tv\bones and place that into c:\xbmc.

What you will see in the c:\xbmc is a folder called bones. If you double click on it, it will take you to the actual location d:\tv\bones.

You tell XBMC that the folder to look at is c:\xbmc and NOT where the folder actually is located.

The clever thing is that XBMC will scan c:\xbmc but will actually look at the real location of the folder (ie d:\tv\bones)

Now if you subsequently need to move the real folder to a new location, eg e:\tv\bones, all you do is delete the c:\xbmc\bones folder and redo the symbolic link from e:\tv\bones.

As far as XBMC is concerned, nothing has changed.

This means that you can move things around as you like and as long as you replace the existing symbolic link there is nothing you need to do within XBMC and it will keep all your settings etc.
Interessing idea. I was doing a similar thing but using windows network drives in My Computer... But it was too buggy, i.e. the NAS won't wake-on-LAN when i double click a disconnected network drives. And once the network drive is disconnected because the NAS goes idle, you have to manually refresh the network disk in My Computer if you want to get the new online status. It won't work in XBMC.

So your solution may be better

Anyway, i'm still looking a solution to get back my DVD pocket images. There must be a way. I can't believe an application like XBMC that has been around for so long, is full of annoying bugs like that, making it totally unuseable for me..
This works fine from my NAS boxes which are switched off overnight.

In the morning when I load up XBMC all is OK and the drives are there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
moving my library to new HDD0