I cant decide which board to buy
Hi guys i cant decide which board to buy out of these 3

Asrock A75M-ITX

Asus F1A75-I DELUXE Motherboard

GA-A75N-USB3

This is the rest of my parts

AMD Llano A6-3500 2.40GHz (Socket FM1) APU Processor

Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMX8GX3M2A1600C9)

Sony Optiarc AD-7280S 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black)

Corsair M4 64GB SSD System Drive

Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB SATA-II 32MB For Storage

What's wrong with the suggested ASRock?
if u dont need onBoard WiFi, get Asrock A75M-ITX
Of the 3 I've had the best luck with Asus on most of my builds. Gigabyte has been OK too. I had GC problems on the 1st ASRock board I bough so they get no more chances. ;-)
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
My AsRock mobo is rock solid. So out of those 3, Asrock A75M-ITX is my choice. With proper CIR options, you can turn ON HTPC from complete OFF too. If you want to save a little bit of money, you can cut the size of RAM to 4GB. For HTPC, 4GB is all you need....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I just built my htpc with the AsRock mobo and I have no complaints and it is a solid mobo. Like bluray said, the CIR options are a nice feature to have for a htpc.
(2012-03-19, 18:43)Kirky99 Wrote: What's wrong with the suggested ASRock?

On newegg i was reading reviews and there seemed a lot of problems but maybe they where unlucky.

eskros builds have been pretty solid, a lot of effort goes into picking the components, not only from a reliability/compatibility perspective, but also with regards to fit and finish (not to mention he finds pretty good deals on a lot which saves you even more tie/money). Unless you have very strong feelings towards one component or another, most would be best served but just taking his builds and hitting the buy button.

Now, there are of course exceptions...

I just built two HTPCs for friends and family using the ASRock A75M-ITX motherboard, both went smooth as butter. If that form actor is your liking, I'd go that route in a second again. I was most impressed with the board, and I'm a self proclaimed weekend Asus fanboy. Never had luck with Gigabyte.
Have now ordered the Asrock, I wont use the Asus remote anyway as i will buy an Harmony 650 remote for xbmc and an usb adapter for wifi.
you made the best choice chippy
Built my system today its all working apart from these two problems In bios my mouse dosent work properly and my keyboard dosent work properly in windows.

I have updated to Bios 1.50 on the Asrock A75M-ITX but still the same.
We'll need more info I think. Type of mouse/keyboard, etc.

If I recall, there's only one PS2 port on the motherboard, I had a keyboard hooked up there during my build and a USB mouse. Both worked in the BIOS setup screens and also Windows. I'm not sure what the people I built them for have hooked up now,neither has asked me for any help with their systems. I know they are working on getting a USB IR Receiver uup and running now, no probelms there either.

BTW - I did update them to 1.50 as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I cant decide which board to buy0