• 17(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script
(2012-06-11, 15:18)amet Wrote: subtitles finding is often done using different protocol, is your proxy off?
I'm not using any proxy, internet (FF/IE) is working normally.

proxy in xbmc is what I was referring to
(2012-06-11, 15:48)amet Wrote: proxy in xbmc is what I was referring to
No proxy there either, just standard settings. I reinstalled XMBC completely.
not sure what to tell you, try removing(or backing up) the xbmc user folder and try again... works here as expected
(2012-06-11, 16:07)amet Wrote: not sure what to tell you, try removing(or backing up) the xbmc user folder and try again... works here as expected
Did a complete new install, removed the XBMC via windows control panel and deleted the XBMC user folder and installed it all again. Somehow it still doesn't work.

Is there a way to go back one version of XBMC Subtitles for a test?
(2012-06-12, 00:49)artlost Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 16:07)amet Wrote: not sure what to tell you, try removing(or backing up) the xbmc user folder and try again... works here as expected
Did a complete new install, removed the XBMC via windows control panel and deleted the XBMC user folder and installed it all again. Somehow it still doesn't work.

Is there a way to go back one version of XBMC Subtitles for a test?

Same here. I'm also using the Windows Version of XBMC (Eden stable 11.0, Windows XP SP3 all patches)
I "solved" it by installing a clean Windows 7. Checked all network settings before, but didn't find the cause of the problem.
(2012-06-01, 17:22)kozzmozz Wrote: Just installed XBMC Windows v11.0 on my laptop with default skin Confluence.
But I still get the following error message;

After checking the logfile xbmc.log; https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1rxt0sks3beo8b/xbmc.log,
I have found out that my Windows-username Frédéric is giving the error on the special character "é".
Is it possible to create a bugfix plz?

Has this been solved or looked at? Because the problem is still ongoing.

Having trouble with this one. Seems to be permissions-related.

I've got XBMC Eden (not beta on either system, exact version I'd have to get back to you on) with the 3.2.1 version of the plugin running on both my Windows 7 workstation and my Ubuntu HTPC. Media is stored on my Ubuntu server via Samba. I (and my group) have rwx permissions on all files/directories on the server both in my smb.conf and in the filesystem itself, but the error code 53 in my log seemed to indicate a permissions error when downloading the subtitle? Symptoms are just a lack of a subtitle being displayed on my TV. I have some previously downloaded .srt subtitles that work just fine when loaded manually, but the supposedly downloaded subs from the add-on are not where XBMC claims (or anywhere else, for that matter). I've tried storing them in the same directory as the video files as well as in a anewly-created local directory with no change that I can see.
Not quite sure if that is the right place to ask.

one of the site listed for downloading hebrew subtitles (www.sratim.co.il) became a movie database site only.
the subtitles site now is - www.subtitle.co.il

thanks !
(2012-06-21, 07:52)sloppyc Wrote: Having trouble with this one. Seems to be permissions-related.

I've got XBMC Eden (not beta on either system, exact version I'd have to get back to you on) with the 3.2.1 version of the plugin running on both my Windows 7 workstation and my Ubuntu HTPC. Media is stored on my Ubuntu server via Samba. I (and my group) have rwx permissions on all files/directories on the server both in my smb.conf and in the filesystem itself, but the error code 53 in my log seemed to indicate a permissions error when downloading the subtitle? Symptoms are just a lack of a subtitle being displayed on my TV. I have some previously downloaded .srt subtitles that work just fine when loaded manually, but the supposedly downloaded subs from the add-on are not where XBMC claims (or anywhere else, for that matter). I've tried storing them in the same directory as the video files as well as in a anewly-created local directory with no change that I can see.

I have the same issues here on my Ubuntu 12.04LTS HTPC, My media are on a NAS.

The addon says: Subtitles files downloaded and extracted. then freezes and no file is write on the movie folder

Any suggestion?
LTS on my HTPC as well, and just upgraded my Ubuntu server to same.
Every once in a while the Subtitles Script freezes xbmc and I have to kill it.
So far I coundn´t pinpoint a pattern, but here is a log from the last freeze:
debug log
i have Error Extracting Subtitles error how to fix it ?
Read the first post here
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script6