How to automatically get movie sets
I have two computers running the same version of XBMC... one automatically made sets of movie collections and the other didn't...

I have the box checked in settings to group them as sets.

Is there a way to automatically generate these collections, or do I have to manually create them all?

If your movies are scanned using themoviedb, then it'll automatically create sets.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

argh... I used the IMDb scrapper...

Do you know if I have to remove them from my library first or can I just change scrappers?
If you want scraped information from themoviedb, then you'll need to scrape 'em all, yes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have a very,very large movie collection and I need to get the movie sets to auto create ( way to many to do manually) I have been using Movie Renamer to organize and create the .nfo files for my collection. And I have Kodi movie scrapper set to local.nfo for scrapping. I set the setting in Kodi to group movies in sets, but this did nothing, So I examined the .nfo files and saw that there was no <set> movie collection </set> in any of the sets I checked, I manually added the <set> info to see if this would create the set in Kodi, but it did not work. Do you guys know any program or a easy way to scan my collection (files) and auto create the movie set or scan and change the .nfo for known movie sets?
Have a look at the Supplementary Tools for Kodi threads
A few programs that allow for set scraping there.
Albeit would be easier to use "jmarshall" suggestion and re-scrape with tmdb api from kodi
Sorry, I forgot to add, that I have already re scrapped using tmdb, imdb, ums and a few others, with no success.
So you have re-scraped the whole library again with tmdb with sets setting turned on?
As in remove source, clean library made sure there is no .nfo files in the source folders and re-add source
Set content to movies and use TMDB as scraper and have every movie from source added back in and library updated
Yup, that was a 2day process with the amount of files I have.
Please re-do a re-scrape of a smaller source (that has sets) and provide debug logs
The Universal Movie Scraper is able to scrape both: IMDB for movie info and ThemovieDB for sets / artwork. You get the best of both worlds.
off course, you still need to rescrape all movies or at least those that should be in sets.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to automatically get movie sets0