Eden for ATV2 running iOS 5.1
Information 
NOTE: XBMC for ATV2 v11.0-4 compatibility release is out now and works with all versions of ATV2 software. See wiki/stickies for install instructions. -NS

We decided to give you this Eden build here in the forum. We do an update for cydia when 11.1 is released for all platforms. Beside that the nightlys (once they start again) will be compatible with iOS5.1 too.

Unfortunatly the 5.1 JB hit us a bit too late and iOS5.1 changed too much for beeing compatible with it with the cydia Eden version we release a couple of weeks ago.

ATV2-Eden-iOS5.1 compatible take3

ChangeLog
take3:
- completly new approach - should work for all now

Installation via ssh (this will install the official cydia version which installs all dependencys and then update with the version from this thread):

Code:
apt-get update
mkdir -p /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
mkdir -p /Applications/XBMC.frappliance
wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb
dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb
rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
incorporated take3 into first post (edit by memphiz)
Wiki now updated with these instructions in a total step-by-step format: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._2#ATV_5.x
Suspended dropbox link replaced with a unlimited traffic one Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-05-27, 00:33)Memphiz Wrote: Suspended dropbox link replaced with a unlimited traffic one Wink

@Memphiz,

Questions, now that this take3 its loaded onto the mirror, it seems that when I do a apt-get update on my atv2 (running iOS 4.3 with eden release) it says there is an update (i'm assuming the take3 release)
is there any risk/issue/problem in installing the take3 release on iOS < 5 ? if so, we should warn users who have iOS < 5 not to upgrade....
no hosting on the mirror has nothing to do with apt-get (cydida). take3 is not available on cydia. No clue why it wants to update on your side. Eden 11.0 is still the latest version available in cydia (and incompatible with ios 5).

take3 is compatible with ios < 5 aswell...
(2012-06-10, 19:37)Memphiz Wrote: no hosting on the mirror has nothing to do with apt-get (cydida). take3 is not available on cydia. No clue why it wants to update on your side. Eden 11.0 is still the latest version available in cydia (and incompatible with ios 5).

take3 is compatible with ios < 5 aswell...

Thanks for that, it seems however that cydia has been updated to take3 ??

xbmc:~ root# apt-cache show org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Package: org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Priority: Extra
Section: Multimedia
Maintainer: Scott Davilla, Edgar Hucek
Architecture: iphoneos-arm
Version: 11.0-3
Depends: curl, org.awkwardtv.whitelist, com.nito.updatebegone, org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock
Filename: pool/main/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb
Size: 48950908
MD5sum: db47a32921d434e2a7fc08dced4d8304
SHA1: c2237cbd4dbb6da38ac0fff126ea0bb9571b7e04
SHA256: d64faf4e0d9be94d259d9a04a1f73bfe2d467c7c80e87719cd9957796c4a7d01
SHA512: ce0a24585fad8e1022f044c78ec1d1781763a0a7f4f0d12fca5c7806b0812e16266684853650bf3fad7a636c86c74a5887aee76c6b9f9fa6cad2d665c569caa9
Description: XBMC Multimedia Center for AppleTV 2
Name: XBMC-ATV2
Homepage: http://xbmc.org/
Author: TeamXBMC

Package: org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Version: 11.0-0
Priority: Extra
Section: Multimedia
Maintainer: Scott Davilla, Edgar Hucek
Depends: curl, org.awkwardtv.whitelist, com.nito.updatebegone, org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock
Architecture: iphoneos-arm
Filename: .//deb/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0_iphoneos-arm.deb
Size: 44911904
MD5sum: 2ee2567b86a62aea9cdf2fcb8e4b1d84
Description: XBMC Multimedia Center for AppleTV 2
Name: XBMC-ATV2
Author: TeamXBMC
Homepage: http://xbmc.org/
Well then nobody told me. In that case we can get rid of this manual install instruction. Have to talk back to davilla before.
(2012-06-10, 21:07)Memphiz Wrote: Well then nobody told me. In that case we can get rid of this manual install instruction. Have to talk back to davilla before.

Please do, there also seem to be issues with take3 for people running iOS < 5
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1124787
k its not from us. Someone seems to play a game with us and installs a repo where 11.0-3 is available (without talking to us...):

could you please post your sources.list files from /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ to pastebin?

(2012-06-11, 18:31)Memphiz Wrote: k its not from us. Someone seems to play a game with us and installs a repo where 11.0-3 is available (without talking to us...):

could you please post your sources.list files from /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ to pastebin?

http://pastebin.com/nY7KDip9
http://apt.awkwardtv.org is the one.
Yep its nitotv. I davilla wanted to talk to theuni for doing a "official" atv2 build 11.0-4 with the buildbot and add this to our cydia repo. Beside that someone should talk to nitotv that its not fine to bump version behind our backs.
I talked to someone on their IRC channel. Told them that 11.0-3 caused issues for 4.x users and should not be listed in any repo's Packages file, and was only on the same directory on our repo, but not listed in our Packages file either. I didn't hear back before I had to go, so meh.
They still haven't delisted it. Do we have an e-mail address of someone we can contact? I only see IRC and forum posts for communication, and their forums don't seem to active, and IRC didn't seem to work the last time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden for ATV2 running iOS 5.14