HDHomerun broken in Eden?
I noticed this when I upgraded to Eden Beta and thought it was the PVR, but I discovered this evening that it's happening with the latest stable release of Eden. When I try to watch an HDHomerun stream directly (not through the PVR) I notice that the video is jerky (stutters or speeds up then slows down). The HDHomeRun quick viewer displays the video fine, and so does my Media Portal setup. It was also fine with XBMC Dharma, but appears to be broken in Eden.

Has anyone else run into this?
I'm using a HD Homerun with Eden release (RC2 as well) and it works fine.

I have noticed the stability of the live stream is a little sensitive to other network traffic to my XBMC box. Like if I'm copying other files to the XBMC box the stream does what you're describing while the files are copying, but clears up once it's finished.
Thanks Paul,

I checked that nothing else is active on the network, just my live TV stream. The problem only started once I upgraded to Eden and doesn't occur for MediaPortal. I also tried updating my HDHomerun target application to set it back to XMBC from MediaPortal, but that didn't help. I'm not sure if I need to regenerate my .stm files using HDHomerun or not. I'm still using my old .stm files.
I had the same issue and I modified the deinterlace option under video settings to clean up the jitter problems I was seeing.
I stream 1080i broadcasts to XBMC from my HDHomerun now with no jitter.
יונתן בן-חיים
Thanks nokdim. Yes, I found that turning off deinterlacing fixed the issue. I wonder about the codec though, because the video now looks grainy, but acceptable. The TV display under MediaPortal looks better with the Cyberlink codec.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun broken in Eden?0