Win Videos not playing [Solved]
Question 
I came across an interesting issue yesterday with my xbmc installation that I thought I would share in case anyone else was having a similar problem.

All of a sudden yesterday my xbmc had cleaned a numerous files from my library - I had recently ran a clean library to get rid of a couple of shows I was no longer needing but it had also got rid of a few season of shows that it shouldnt have.
I pulled up my explorer and check in the season folders no problems there the files were still present - back in xbmc scanned for new contact on the series and it added them back into the show.
Great, however, when I went to play it said that the file was not found and would I like to remove from the library. I found this very curious as I had confirmed the file was there and it was added to the library only moments before.
I opened up the info screen one of the episodes and refreshed its information and then I pressed play in the infor screen and it played. However, back in the season view it still was saying that the file didnt exsist and would I like to remove it.
Next I tried to play one of the files with my linux mint box and it played fine then tried it in VLC on a windows box and it returned a error.
So I looked at the file itself and what was different between what was happening on linux and windows. I made copied of the files, I renamed them and moved them to different locations locally and on the network but this made no difference.
After much trial and error I noticed that the windows version of the file was missing its "modified date" entry I downloaded a program called BulkFileChanger this allowed me to add a custom modified date everything worked perfectly again.
Don't know why this happened - in all about 100 files in different locations were affected but all worked perfectly after I added a modified date.

Has anyone else had this problem - Does anyone know what might of caused it?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Thanks for posting this. I had the exact same issue with a couple of seasons of one TV show. I couldn't work out why the files didn't play in library mode. I eventually spotted that they didn't have a date modified, so when I googled it your post popped up and I downloaded the bulkfilechanger tool, and now they play fineBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos not playing [Solved]0