XBMC Performance on IOS 5.1?
I'm just curious how people are finding the performance of XBMC when running IOS 5.1?

I recall seeing plenty of mentions from people that the old IOS versions prior to 4.4.4 had better performance with less buffering issues and so forth. How is 5.1 in comparison?
I saw no one had replied to this.... With nearly 200 views so i thought i would chime in with my personal experience and nothing else. I have IOS5.1 and am running latest eden build (thanks MEMPHIZ) and I will say that if I don't install ANY other third party software like NitoTV or couchsurfer then XBMC itself works great aside from the obvious performance issues in skins and truhd. But after I removed all of my 3rd party software I was very happy with my atv2 running xbmc. There has not been one time that a video has stopped to buffer during play including 720p (only before starting to play).I know its not much but i thought I would share
there is only one thing performance wise which did go haywire on 4.4.4, thats subtitles in the .idx / .sub format.
There is a very noticeble drop in frames if you load such subtitles. The cause is the increase of resources needed by the atv2.

If you have the opportunity to test thes subtitles on either on 5.1 please let us know the outcome!
i am running 4.4.2 tethered and also noticed some frame drops with .ass subtitles files running along side 720p mp4 video. if i convert it into an .srt then it plays smooth. so can anyone also test .ass subtitle files with 5.0?

thanks!
ass is broken (say stuttering) for all ios versions ... no need to test further...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just a quick question, I'm considering purchasing the 2012 model of ATV2. But before I do that does anyone know if this model carries the same problems with ass subtitles (with XBMC of course) as a large chunk of my media has ass subtitles, and the subsequent stuttering issues that have been plaguing it?

Thanks

U
(2012-04-04, 23:45)Ushae Wrote: Just a quick question, I'm considering purchasing the 2012 model of ATV2. But before I do that does anyone know if this model carries the same problems with ass subtitles (with XBMC of course) as a large chunk of my media has ass subtitles, and the subsequent stuttering issues that have been plaguing it?

Thanks

U

I think you're referring to the ATV3 - there's no jailbreak for it, so you can't install XBMC on it and know one really knows how it will perform (if ever).
Thanks happyendin21 and the rest of you guys for responding.

Sounds like the performance is pretty much the same as what we get from ios 4.4.4. I may upgrade if thats the case.

I have IOS5.1 and am running latest eden build (thanks MEMPHIZ) BUT there is no sound, even after I changed audio output from analog to optical, as suggested in ios specific issues at xbmc forum. Second problem I have is, I am unable to copy files to Apple TV. I am using cyberduck ftp, and upload of to mobile/applications begins but after a minute or two there is "socket error" and file transfer interrupts. Please help.
Hi guys
I have also ATv2 and 5.1 and thanks to Memphiz XBMC. THhe XBMC is running very good.
I don´t have 3rd party clients installed (only Media Player) and the only problem that i have is that i restarts.I can see a movie or tvshow but when i am going to start a second one it restarts to the ATv2 menu. It is really annoying.
The only thing i have on the menu is TV shows, Movies, Programs (TV next aired) and settings. I have closed the RSS-feed and i have confluence skin. And still it restarts.
Anyone has anything to suggest? I have jailbroken my ATv2 a few times because of this.
Deinstall Firecore Media Player - it is incompatible with XBMC and you should not install both at the same time.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-10, 11:31)Memphiz Wrote: Deinstall Firecore Media Player - it is incompatible with XBMC and you should not install both at the same time.

Thanks Memphiz. I haven´t really thought that it could be one of the problem. I will try it out and let you know.

P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Performance on IOS 5.1?0