Win Scraping 'special' tv serie episodes
Question 
I need some help with scraping Spartacus. TheTVDB has an extremely annoying way of indexing tv series, unfortunately. Currently i'm trying to add Spartacus - Gods of the Arena, but TheTVDB was so smart to combine the two Spartacus series (BaS and GotA) and list the Spartacus - Gods of the Arena as specials under season 1 of BaS, instead of dividing GotA and BaS in two different 2 tv series like IMDB did. The so-called 'specials' of Spartacus are listed under Season 1 and do not have an episode number, just 'special' in front of the names. Problem is that I don't know what to do to import the tv serie properly.

Another question: Why is IMDB available for movie scraping but not for TV series scraping? IMDB is the best choice for both in my opinion and I don't see why it's not possible to use it.

Thanks in advance.
I have them listed as two seperate shows and they scrape fine from the TVDB, below is how i have them stored on my server.

TV\Spartacus Gods Of The Arena\Season 1\Spartacus Gods Of The Arena - S01E01.mkv
TV\Spartacus Blood and Sand\Season 1\Spartacus Blood And Sand - S01E01.mkv
TV\Spartacus Blood and Sand\Season 2\Spartacus Blood And Sand - S02E01.mkv

Afaik > imdb don't really like xbmc using thier site as a scraper so thats why no TV from imdb.

Hope that helps.
Hm, I added them exactly the same as you, but nothing pops up in XBMC. Just the series folder but without episodes in it. As soon as I rename the folder in XBMC I can only find 2 tv series on theTVDB, the first one Spartacus(en) and the second Spartacus - Blood and Sand. If, I select spartacus it scans the first 6 episodes of BaS. So this doesn't work for me, strange that it does for you, perhaps they changed something in the indexing recently.

Anyone else suggestions?
hmm maybe they changed it after i scrapped them in.

Try putting all of the gods of the arena in a season 0 folder and change the numbering in the file names to S00E01, S00E02 etc etc and see what happens.
Thanks, that worked Smile
Glad you got it sorted Smile
I've tried the above suggestions and neither works for me. It finds Spartacus, but is not finding Gods of the Arena.

Any other suggestions?
In my case, XBMC find all episodes etc, but there is something strange with the sorting of seasons.

My directorystructure looks like this ..

Quote:.. Media\Series\Spartacus\Goods of the Arena\Season 0\
episodes are named : Spartacus.Gods.of.the.Arena.s00e01 ...

.. Media\Series\Spartacus\Blood and Sand\Season 1\
episodes are named : Spartacus.S01E01 ....

.. Media\Series\Spartacus\Blood and Sand\Season 2\
episodes are named : Spartacus.S02E01 ....

XBMC lists the following ..
Quote:* All seasons
Season 1
Season 2
Specials

But the problem is, that if I browse into Season 1, this is how it looks.

It shows both Good of the Arena AND Season 1 of Blood and Sand.
I've tries a whole lot of different directorystructures etc, but the result still is the same.

Please help !
(2012-04-17, 14:03)aztech Wrote: In my case, XBMC find all episodes etc, but there is something strange with the sorting of seasons.

My directorystructure looks like this ..

Quote:.. Media\Series\Spartacus\Goods of the Arena\Season 0\
episodes are named : Spartacus.Gods.of.the.Arena.s00e01 ...

.. Media\Series\Spartacus\Blood and Sand\Season 1\
episodes are named : Spartacus.S01E01 ....

.. Media\Series\Spartacus\Blood and Sand\Season 2\
episodes are named : Spartacus.S02E01 ....

XBMC lists the following ..
Quote:* All seasons
Season 1
Season 2
Specials

But the problem is, that if I browse into Season 1, this is how it looks.

It shows both Good of the Arena AND Season 1 of Blood and Sand.
I've tries a whole lot of different directorystructures etc, but the result still is the same.

Please help !

I'm having the same problem , all my tv specials are showing up under every season number .
I have my shows in folders like the following

30 Rock
> Season 01
> Season 02
> Specials

but I have tried putting the specials in both season 0 and season 00 but they still come up in every season when viewing in library mode.

Its been happening since the 11.0 update and has been driving me crazy trying to fix :-(
I can pretty much promise they are not coming up in every season. The specials come up in the "special" season, along with the season during which they were originally aired. ie if there was an alternate version aired, or a catch up before a particular season started after a long break.
(2012-04-14, 23:33)karandras24 Wrote: hmm maybe they changed it after i scrapped them in.

Try putting all of the gods of the arena in a season 0 folder and change the numbering in the file names to S00E01, S00E02 etc etc and see what happens.

This worked perfectly for me! THANKS! Although, I kept them all in the same folder "Spartacus" and simply named them S00E01 through S02E__.
Signed up on the forums just to get some help with this problem. I have been using XBMC for about 2 years now and it has been great. I am having this same issue with Battlestar Galactica 2003.

File name - "Battlestar Galactica (2003).S00E01.Battlestar Galactica- The Miniseries (1).mkv"
nfo file - "Battlestar Galactica (2003).S00E01.Battlestar Galactica- The Miniseries (1).nfo"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<episodedetails>
<title>The Miniseries (1)</title>
<rating>9.0</rating>
<season>0</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<plot>Forty years after the end of the Cylon War, bla bla bla</plot>
<credits>Edward James Olmos</credits>
<credits>Jamie Bamber</credits>
<credits>Katee Sackhoff</credits>
<aired>2003-12-08</aired>
<studio>SciFi</studio>
<mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
<epbookmark></epbookmark>
<displayseason>0</displayseason>
<displayepisode>1</displayepisode>
<actor>
<name>Edward James Olmos</name>
<role></role>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Jamie Bamber</name>
<role></role>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Katee Sackhoff</name>
<role></role>
</actor>

</episodedetails>

Option #1 - The specials all show up in XBMC inside each season. Even though I have the files sorted into folders below.
Season 1 folder
(Season 1 files)
Season 2 folder
(Season 2 files)
Season 3 folder
(Season 3 files)
Season 4 folder
(Season 4 files)
Specials folder
Battlestar Galactica (2003).S00E01.Battlestar Galactica- The Miniseries (1).mkv
Battlestar Galactica (2003).S00E01.Battlestar Galactica- The Miniseries (1).nfo
Battlestar Galactica (2003).S00E02.Battlestar Galactica- The Miniseries (2).mkv
Battlestar Galactica (2003).S00E02.Battlestar Galactica- The Miniseries (2).nfo

Option #2 - The specials all show up in XBMC inside each season. Even though I have the files sorted into folders below.
Season 0 folder
Season 1 folder
(Season 1 files)
Season 2 folder
(Season 2 files)
Season 3 folder
(Season 3 files)
Season 4 folder
(Season 4 files)

Option #3 - The specials all show up in XBMC inside each season. Even though I have the files sorted into folders below.
root folder
Season 1 folder
(Season 1 files)
Season 2 folder
(Season 2 files)
Season 3 folder
(Season 3 files)
Season 4 folder
(Season 4 files)

How do I get the special episodes to show up inside its own folder or even a season 0 folder? Thx
Appologies for bumping an old thread but this issue has come up for me recently. I'm trying to scrape Spartacus Blood & Sand and Gods of the Arena is a major pain in the butt! I had it before but long story short, had to re-scrape. Now every time I do, no matter what ways I try to name the GotA files, it scrapes them wrong. It gives them the titles for Season 3 (War of the Damned) episodes with plot outlines from someplace I don't even know. Definitely not the ones on TheTVDB.org. This is happening on 3 different PC's all running XBMC 12.0. Why is it so difficult to get the proper information for this seriesHuh
(2014-02-22, 01:43)Batiatus Wrote: Appologies for bumping an old thread but this issue has come up for me recently. I'm trying to scrape Spartacus Blood & Sand and Gods of the Arena is a major pain in the butt! I had it before but long story short, had to re-scrape. Now every time I do, no matter what ways I try to name the GotA files, it scrapes them wrong. It gives them the titles for Season 3 (War of the Damned) episodes with plot outlines from someplace I don't even know. Definitely not the ones on TheTVDB.org. This is happening on 3 different PC's all running XBMC 12.0. Why is it so difficult to get the proper information for this seriesHuh

This has been covered in a couple different ways, but the way that it scrapes for me is:

Spartacus
--->Season 0--->Spartacus - s00e01 - episode title.xxx (your naming scheme may vary)
--->Season 1
--->Season 2
--->Season 3

Works like a charm this way.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2014-02-22, 02:14)thrak76 Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 01:43)Batiatus Wrote: Appologies for bumping an old thread but this issue has come up for me recently. I'm trying to scrape Spartacus Blood & Sand and Gods of the Arena is a major pain in the butt! I had it before but long story short, had to re-scrape. Now every time I do, no matter what ways I try to name the GotA files, it scrapes them wrong. It gives them the titles for Season 3 (War of the Damned) episodes with plot outlines from someplace I don't even know. Definitely not the ones on TheTVDB.org. This is happening on 3 different PC's all running XBMC 12.0. Why is it so difficult to get the proper information for this seriesHuh

This has been covered in a couple different ways, but the way that it scrapes for me is:

Spartacus
--->Season 0--->Spartacus - s00e01 - episode title.xxx (your naming scheme may vary)
--->Season 1
--->Season 2
--->Season 3

Works like a charm this way.

Unfortunately it doesn't. Not for me anymore at least. I tried but the results are the same.

I have as follows;

TV Shows\Spartacus\Season 1
Spartacus Blood and Sand S01E01 The Red Serpent Bluray.mkv
etc

TV Shows\Spartacus\Season 2
Spartacus Vengeance S02E01 Fugitivus Bluray.mkv
etc

TV Shows\Spartacus\Season 3
Spartacus War of the Damned S03E01 Enemies of Rome Bluray.mkv
etc

and then

TV Shows\Spartacus\Season 0
Spartacus Gods of the Arena S00E01 Past Transgressions Bluray.mkv
etc

and GotA continues to scrape with season 3 titles and the plot taken from someplace definitely not on TheTVDB.org. Even the thumbnails are different than the actual season 3 scraped episodes. In fact the episodes plots seem to come from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartacus:_...the_Damned. This doesn't make any sense to me. It has worked correctly, once, since I've been trying to fix something the past few days but I forgot to back-up the .nfo files once I exported them and then when I re-scraped it overrode those files with this new scraping. It also won't load the in folder poster art I've picked but defaults to something it's scraping every single time when I say not to ignore local information. On 3 different XBMC installs on 3 different PCs. It's frustrating!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping 'special' tv serie episodes1