[Suggestion] Create wizard for populating the library and set basic settings
Hi,

I have seen different posts pointing out the "troublesome" way of setting up different types of video content and basic settings for people who have never touched xbmc.
As of know you have to read tutorials or go to the forum to ge the pointers you need to understand the process of creating a structure so videos get scraped.

The wizard for adding differents paths is good enough but people cant find it since it is not in their face the first time they run xbmc,
so to the suggestion:

A wizard should pop up the first time users run xbmc that prompts them to populate the library AND ask them basic questions like ie what kind of sound system they got (etc 2.1 - 5.1 - 7.1 ), what kind of home items shold be visible (videos, movies, tvshows, programs etc)

Any comments about this?
+1. Although I consider myself something as an advanced user it was actually kind of hard getting used to the way xbmc works and do some things.
I think it would be far better to make the adding source functions more intuitive.

Clicking on Movies for the first time brings up the add source features in library mode.
Problem there is that movies and tvshows is hidden by default in confluence. It almost seems that xbmc want filemode as default view (we all know thats not true but for a first timer this can be the impression).

Most people i know hide Videos as soon as they have crawled enough content for tvshows and movies to make them visible from the main menu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Suggestion] Create wizard for populating the library and set basic settings0