WTV supported?
I have a Pinnacle USB TV receiver. So far i have not seen any mention of support for TV cards at all but I was wondering if my recorded TV shows were playable in their native format which is WTV. I am in the process of converting them to MP4 format but that seems to be taking a loooong time.

Thank you in advance!

-Tony
they are supported, but the ffmpeg version in the current eden release is quite old and there have been many improvements to wtv support since then.

I believe I saw a post somewhere on this forum from a dev stating that they have updated the ffmpeg release, but it is only available if you can build from source as the buildbot has not started back up since the release of eden.

So your 3 options are to play your wtv files and wait until a new build is released, or build a new release yourself and enjoy :-)
Thanks for the nfo fearless! I think I'll wait for the next release. I'm new to this and still learning. Maybe you can tell me what the upgrade process is when an update or new build is released. Do you run opkg and update or re-install everything?
well i was just assuming that you were on windows, but your best bet if you want the latest and greatest is to install a nightly (at least when the buildbot begins again)

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/

I am on windows, and all I do is just download the latest nightly and install over my old version. I imagine that the process is the same for other os' but someone more experienced than me would have to comment on that.

The bottom line is though that the current xbmc does play wtv files, but the results are mixed.
Thanks dood! You just taught me something I didn't know. I appreciate it!

-Tony
I'd like to try running Geexbox on Windoes. can you or somebody please provide a link to instructions and downloads?

Thank you very much!

-Tony
(2012-04-18, 15:04)firemouth Wrote: I'd like to try running Geexbox on Windoes. can you or somebody please provide a link to instructions and downloads?

Thank you very much!

-Tony

Your best bet for instructions and downloads would be over here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WTV supported?0