System.HasMediaDVD and XBMC.PlayDVD() support for unencrypted Bluray
As per my thread here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1080488

A mounted ISO file of self-authored, unencrypted bluray triggers the System.HasMediaDVD to make the "Play Disc" visible, and the onclick event for XBMC.PlayDVD() works to play the Bluray content/structure on this mounted ISO.

However that same ISO file burned to a BD-R does not trigger the System.HasMediaDVD. If the menu option is configured to always show the "Play Disc" the XBMC.PlayDVD() event will not trigger playback on the BD-R.

Why can a mounted ISO with the exact same structure as what is on the BD-R work? What is stopping XBMC from being able to implement this for the structure off a BD-R?

Thanks for your time and feedback.
.peace out.
I have updated my thread above with some new finding and it turns out that the above request is only party necessary.

The XBMC.PlayDVD() event will indeed play back the BD-R....my issue was that another drive with a letter assignment higher in the alphabet existed with no media in it.

Therefore, the request would simply be that the System.HasMediaDVD detects BD-R as a valid type to display the menu.

A poster in the other thread suggested that the method "System.HasMedia" should work....but this did not appear to be valid for detecting the disc either.
.peace out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
System.HasMediaDVD and XBMC.PlayDVD() support for unencrypted Bluray0