Win ANTEC ISK110 A6-3500 BUILD
This a ISK110 build I just finished, almost exactly per eskro's recommendations:

Thermaltake CLP0527 92mm CPU Fan FAN-CLP527 $42.99
Antec ISK 110 VESA 90W Mini-ITX Desktop Case CA-ISK110V $78.99
ASRock A75M-ITX MB-A75MITX $88.99
AMD A-Series APU Triple-Core A6-3500 (2.1 GHz)l AD3500OJBX $70.99
Kingston KHX1333C9D3B1K2/8G DDR3-1333 8GB(2x4GB) D31333B8G9 $48.99
Crucial M4 2.5 inch 64GB SATA3 Solid State Drive(MLC) CT064M4SSD $89.99
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit(1-Pack), OEM MSGFC02050 $99.99
Super Talent 8GB Express Duo 2-CH USB3.0 Flash Drive ST3U8E2CK $14.99
"Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad (920-003070)" $39.99
ATX12V 4-pin CPU Power Extension 8" ATXP4EXT $5.99

For a total of almost even $600.

Photos and issues will follow.
Sweet.... Smile
i knew this combination of parts would rock!

i'm pretty excited about this one too as its been on my mind for quite awhile!

im actually thinking in putting one together myself!

altho i would have prefered seeing DDR3-1866 HyperX Ram sticks,

your HTPC is FTW!!

i know u will but,
take nice close up pics

and even show it off in a small vid!!

that'd be the best!!

as your HTPC and Beer40oz's HTPC are new standards from now on!!
thx Smile

Cool, pictures please.
How do you like the Thermaltake CLP0527? Where did you order yours from?

Does it require a backplate? Does it interfere with the hd mounting at the bottom?
yes waver, it does require a backplate but unlike the ISK100 and Big Shuriken,
the ISK110 + hermaltake CLP0527 work hand in hand meaning,
you can still fit your SSD under the mobo.

see here. image from his build http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1082837
(2012-04-22, 01:35)waver123 Wrote: How do you like the Thermaltake CLP0527? Where did you order yours from?
You cannot go wrong with Amazon- Thermaltake Meorb .....you'll get it within 2 days...

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
$42.99 at SuperBiiz.com
$20.00 behind the alley...
(2012-04-22, 02:02)Beer40oz Wrote: $20.00 behind the alley...

Tongue
(2012-04-22, 01:47)eskro Wrote: $42.99 at SuperBiiz.com
Good find....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Heh... yes, I was excited about this build too Smile

Thermaltake CLP0527 does require a backplate which takes up some room on the back of mother board, where the drives are supposed to be mounted. I'm not sure if it's usually done like that, but I had to put small plastic washers that were included in the package for mounting on intel cpus, between the back plate and the mother board so that the plate would not sit directly on some small chips that were on the underside of the board. Those washers were only about 1 mm, but this gave enough clearance for those chips. Sadly the 4 nuts used to secure the back plate are too tall to allow mounting two drives, but you can still mount one drive in between of them:

Not sure if the thickness of the Crucial M4 is standard for all the 2.5 drives, but nothing thicker would really fit in there if a back plate is used. It might not be visible very well on the photo, but the mounting plate is raised where the ssd drive is mounted. That's because I had to hold it down, and just slightly bend the mounting plate to put the screws in. Mounting plate had enough give and this wasn't really a problem. The middle is only raised like a 1 mm or so.

At first I was a bit stomped on how to remove the brackets for mounting the stock cooler, but finally figured it out. If you pull the little plugs from the top of the mother board it's really easy to push those plastic expanding pins from the back. Image below shows one locked, one unlocked. This might be obvious for some, but I couldn't find any instructions on how to do it on web, and seen some horror stories about bent mother boards in the process of removing those pins... So here's the image

Oh, with the exception of keyboard I got everything on superbiiz. Was also looking on newegg, but prices were higher.
Thermaltake CLP0527 barely fits in this case too. There's some give in the cooler so the case does close but the aluminum fins are touching the cover.

Also the outside row of the aluminum fins has a tendency to fall from the ring that keeps it located, and when that happens and the case cover pushes from the other side those fins get too close to the fan and either make lots of noise, or stop the fan.

So... close the cover carefully making sure that the fins don't fall from the ring. It does work, and it might just be an issues with my model, but maybe the small shuriken might be better here... it's less tall then this, right?
Here's the extension I had to buy for the atx12v 4 pin power supply. Luckly they had it in local microcenter:
microcenter
Original cable is too short:
Yeah $43 cheaper than amazon.
Gonna order one to play with.

I've all the extension cables needed, so that won't be a problem. The 4 pin in my ISK100 is also not long enough for the Asrock A75m mb.

Pity the usb cables are so darn long! It's so long it's blocking everywhere in such a small case.
I would rather they have short atx cable and then throw in an extension in the box so we can pick and choose what we need, as it is now the 24 pin is too long and the 4 pin is too short.
(2012-04-22, 04:02)waver123 Wrote: Yeah $43 cheaper than amazon.
Gonna order one to play with.

ISK100 has less room than the ISK110, right? If that's the case, then meorb is not going to fit in there. It just barely fits in 110.
Scythe SCKZT-1000 is 40mm tall vs 47 on meorb... Maybe try that?

Does the 110 has more clearing room? The stock amd is like 40mm and it barely fits with the case fan removed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ANTEC ISK110 A6-3500 BUILD0