XMBC/TV resolution problem
Hello, I recently just built an HTPC and I connected it to my 43" Samsung Plasma (450 series, 720p). The native resolution on my tv is 1024x768, so i also set XBMC to display in 1024x768. The problem is that when i watch a movie, the bars on the top and bottom of the picture are bigger than normal. Even when i watch TV shows, i know there aren't supposed to be bars, but they're still there.

My friend has the same Samsung TV but in the 51" version, and the native resolution on that TV is 1360x768. With that resolution, everything displays as its supposed to.

So then, I tried setting my TV resolution to 1360x768, and XBMC to display that as well. The images display correctly in this mode, but the picture lags like crazy. I also tried connecting a video card to solve the problem, but it didn't.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solution to display picture correctly without the lag?

Thanks in advance!
What is your OS, and hardware specs on your HTPC? What are you using to connect your video to your TV?
Hardware specs: Intel G620, Asrock H61M-HVS, 4GB DDR3, no video card - using onboard video

My TV is connected through onboard HDMI

Also, I just set my resolution to 1360x768 and tried using VLC media player to play a 1080p movie, and it displays as it should without any lag. So, i suppose this is an XBMC setting/issue?
I've got the same TV and keep my desktop resolution at 1920x1080 and haven't had any issues with XBMC (amd and nvidia graphics though).
Main HTPC:
Intel e4600 + AMD HD5450 + Antec NSK2480B case + 4gb ddr2 + Earthwatts 430 + 1.5tb Seagate 7200 + XBMC Rapier Qualar Mod Skin + Win7
Office HTPC/Ripper/Server:
AMD x4 635 + GT220 + Antec 300 case + 4gbddr3 + OCZ ModXStream 500 psu + 3x2tb WD green drives + Win7
I have a plasma with that resolution as well (non-square pixels). You have to set the ratio (in XBMC>settings>video output>video calibration) and adjust the rectangle to be square.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC/TV resolution problem0