[HTPC Build Check/Discussion] High-End SFF HTPC
(2012-04-25, 04:29)eskro Wrote: why do you drool for the Streacom FC8 case now bluray?

weren't you the one that wasn't afraid of Cooling Fans?!

This is so true!
Systemic33 go for it man... its a sweet case!
I could bring you parts when I move to DK....
I had previously considered and i3 something and an ATI 6450, but didn't think 150W could cover CPU/MB, ODD, SDD, HDD and a GPU
How would you think that would work?

@Beer40oz: Ah thanks man, but its to be bought and assembled in Sweden(Stockholm), but otherwise thanks.
(2012-04-25, 09:35)Systemic33 Wrote: I had previously considered and i3 something and an ATI 6450, but didn't think 150W could cover CPU/MB, ODD, SDD, HDD and a GPU
How would you think that would work?

@Beer40oz: Ah thanks man, but its to be bought and assembled in Sweden(Stockholm), but otherwise thanks.

in case you interested heres my mobo with gd04

http://forumhifi.com/forum/showthread.ph...HTPC/page2

but i used motherboard asock itx a75M, and a gold psu fan less seasonic, if your order from amazon.uk or .de to sweden will be much cheaper.

wake from usb
iphone to control -xbmc > onkyo > tv samsung > apple tv
remote > lenovo n902

good luck

Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2012-04-25, 05:55)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 04:29)eskro Wrote: why do you drool for the Streacom FC8 case now bluray?

weren't you the one that wasn't afraid of Cooling Fans?!

This is so true!
Systemic33 go for it man... its a sweet case!
I could bring you parts when I move to DK....
I'm not afraid of the cooling fan at all.... I installed 15 ceiling fans at my previous home, and all my PC's have fans in it so far. Fan is a great cooling solution. With that said, the proper external case cover with thick heatsink should dissipate heat very well too. It should stay cool by the room air.......

If you are looking for a silent pre-built HTPC, check this out- Fanless HTPC anyone?. They use the same case as Streacom FC8.....Nod

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
maybe thats why your not afraid of cooling fans your HTPC since your ceiling fans cover up the noise lol
(2012-04-25, 19:02)eskro Wrote: maybe thats why your not afraid of cooling fans your HTPC since your ceiling fans cover up the noise lol
Not really.....I usually turn off the ceiling fan when watching movie so that it doesn't mess up the surround sound.......the AC, AVR, HDTV, etc generates more noises than the fan in HTPC...... if you want to want to find out for yourself, you can place the noise meter in the room (take the reading with just HTPC first, and then turn on AVR, HDTV, and AC.) You'll be surprise how noisy your theater room is.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I'm a little worried if the Sony BC-5600S can play 3D blu-ray content, can anyone comment on this?
why would u be worry?
Because I cant find any information on how good the drives have to be for 3D content, which obviously must require more bandwidth than regular.
and the Sony BC-5600S is in the low end with 2X speed.
yeah, 2x is a little on the slow...

Sony Optiarc BC-5650H
Well, then you've got the eject button in the wrong location :/

Seems like it'll require different case or an external drive Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HTPC Build Check/Discussion] High-End SFF HTPC0