Linux ZBOX ID80 suspend/wakeup problem
I have ZBOX ID80 and install ubuntu 12.04 with working suspend mode (I can enter to suspend by Power button on remote or from menu (fan stop and system suspend) and wakeup by Wakeup button on remote or KB or Power button on nettop)

But if/then I start XBMC.
Power button on remote do not work. If I try make suspend from menu, system try go to suspend but hangs (LAN off, fan working, any reaction on KB, Mouse, Remote control). Sad

Can anybody any idea how find and fix this problem?
I guess you have already read this post: http://www.zotacusa.com/forum/topic/5553...wn-issues/
I haven't spent too much time in investigation yet but I think I have seen the shutdown problem even when XBMC was not running. The ID80 also shows weird startup behavior. Will look into it a little close but don't have time before next weekend.
yes, I read and post into thread.
with ubuntu 12.04 I have any problem except boot without Nvidia drivers (I use nomodeset param and start/install successfully)
I still do think that the ID80 has a bios problem. Every now and then mine won't reboot, it stops with power button blinking. Then I have to pull power cord, wait for 1 min and start again.
Will ask Zotac what they think.
Yes I think bios has problem too.
but mine work good with ubuntu 12.04 (reboot, suspend, halt)

I ask Zotac and wait for answer. Then answer will I post it.
Zotac support ignore this problem. Sad
They try find problem in my components (memory, hdd, mouse, Kb ...). All my components works and tested on other nettop.

I was able to sort this out with the German Zotac support. A UEFI/BIOS update from version A218P005 (02/07/2012) to A218P007 (05/15/2012) solved the startup / reboot problems for me.

There are some pitfalls:

* The German support advised me _not_ to flash the BIOS under Windows, because this would break the device. Since I use Linux only, this was not an issue for me. Using unetbootin I created a bootable USB stick with FreeDOS and used it to update the BIOS. This worked perfectly.

* I was told that the updated BIOS image isn't available on the internet because flashing a ZBOX with the wrong BIOS version would break the device. A strange procedure if you ask me. So if you're running Version A218P005 on your ID80, ask your support team for A218P007.

Have fun!
(2012-07-08, 12:39)TheRuralJuror Wrote: I was able to sort this out with the German Zotac support. A UEFI/BIOS update from version A218P005 (02/07/2012) to A218P007 (05/15/2012) solved the startup / reboot problems for me.

There are some pitfalls:

* The German support advised me _not_ to flash the BIOS under Windows, because this would break the device. Since I use Linux only, this was not an issue for me. Using unetbootin I created a bootable USB stick with FreeDOS and used it to update the BIOS. This worked perfectly.

* I was told that the updated BIOS image isn't available on the internet because flashing a ZBOX with the wrong BIOS version would break the device. A strange procedure if you ask me. So if you're running Version A218P005 on your ID80, ask your support team for A218P007.

Have fun!

Could you give a detaild Noob version of how to do this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZBOX ID80 suspend/wakeup problem0