Script errors w/ Vista 64
Hi. Trying to run Eden on a Vista 64 Prem Home version. Everything appears to load fine, but anytime I try and run a script, I geta script error.

My log looks like this where I get errors on the Python loader:

20:13:51 T:5856 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:13:51 T:5856 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
20:13:51 T:5856 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named os
20:13:55 T:3308 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/backgrounds/Skin default.jpg
20:13:58 T:3308 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are the add-ons and scripts you are trying to run fully Eden compatible?
Assuming yes. After the install and initial startup, the weather underground script immediately error'd out. Since it came with the install, I'm assuming that it is something within my system, and not the install. Tried a couple of other ones (Food Network, Anime Vibe) with the same results. Have uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times, including deleting the entire profile under the user directory. I'm running AVG for anti-virus - tried disabling that. Had Window Media Center with My Movies installed and took those off as well - no dice. Even tried turning off User Account Control to see if that would help - thinking there was a permission blocked somewhere and nothing there. Thought it might be something on my network, but installed on my Windows 7 laptop and it worked like a charm.

Updated video drivers (didn't figure it would help, but found it on a forum, so worth a try) with no results. Even tried the latest nightly.

Have you seen any other issues with Vista 64 installs?
I can't think of any issues specific to Vista. Best bet is to turn on debuging then capture a log replicating the issue. Post that on pastebin and link i here.
Will do. One question and I found it while digging through a post about upgrading from Dharma to Eden. My Movies (for WMC) was running MS SQL Server. Would that have a conflict?
I wouldn't think so.
Here's the log:

http://pastebin.com/0g0n3hqg
Can you try another re-install. This time install with UAC off and run it as Administrator. Make sure all the dependencies are checked.
That OS module is one of the main python ones. It should have been installed with XBMC.

Try a new install to solve that
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That is what I found odd about his install. How could that not have been installed?
Same issue. Here's my log:

http://pastebin.com/7TtBLAGv

Turned off UAC - also killed antivirus just to make sure before the install. Is there something else that would use the Python script (software-wise) that I might have installed that I should look for? Also, is there a location I should look for the Python files to be to see if they are there?

For what it's worth, I even tried running it in compatibilty mode with XP with the same results.
For what it's worth, I did a quick search for why python issues on Vista. Found a guide to installing python. They suggested loading python from a command line to see if it was active. Tried that and it didn't recognize the command. Followed their guide to installing Python 2.5, including adjusting the environmental variables to add the path. After that, I got a response to Python from the command line. Uninstalled and re-installed XBMC and got the same results.

Is it worth creating a different user account and re-installing from that account? I'm the only account on the machine right now.
You should not have to install Python on it's own. When XBMC installs it should install the Python resources it needs into Xbmc\system\python.

I'm at a loss for answers with this issue at the moment.
please enable debug logging, restart xbmc and post a new log file.

also, check if you have this file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\os.py
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Here's the log file:

http://pastebin.com/mcHJC3qE

That file does exist in the python library

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script errors w/ Vista 640