• 11(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
Maybe DDDamien can shed some light on this when he returns? The CPU utilisation in audio and the problem with 5.0 FLAC files (earlier in the thread) are also worth looking at.
Odroid N2+ and Venz V10Pro (S905X), Sony DN1080 AVR, Samsung 49" LCD, Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers
(2012-07-03, 23:28)fat-tony Wrote: When you set AC3 enabled on xbmc, it is sent via the passthrough setting to which you have allocated the S/PDIF connection - so it plays on the Panasonic receiver. How is the TV connected? I am assuming that you are using an HDMI cable direct from your HTPC to the TV. Because the AC3 sound is routed via passthrough it is not being sent via HDMI. If you try to set passthrough to HDMI what happens? Some TVs can handle AC3 but others may not.

When you disable AC3 on xbmc it decodes the AC3 data internally and sends it over the HDMI connection as PCM data rather than using passthrough, which is why you can hear the sound on the TV but not on the AVR.

I just route everything through my receiver, but yours may not handle HDMI, so you may need to try an alternative strategy if you want to use the TV on its own. Have a look at this thread which discusses a patched version of xbmc which handles dual audio output. Beware, though it's a huge thread Confused

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86038

Note that this patched version is not supported officially by xbmc and diverges from AE. There may be a way by using profiles within xbmc that you could set alternative sound configurations if you didn't want to keep switching the Directsound settings each time. I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable on profile settings to be sure whether this would work.

great...understood now...
let's see...but I guess I already tried my HDMI as passthrough and it didn't work...
with regards to the patch,..
i tried that before going to nightly built and I assume it's not supporting the audioengine, right?
@steefen.h - the dual audio is a complely separate build to audio engine and, from what I've read, is not going to be incorporated in AE.
Odroid N2+ and Venz V10Pro (S905X), Sony DN1080 AVR, Samsung 49" LCD, Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers
I am using the nightly build and multichannel audio sources are not decoding to my MPCM receiver and only decode to 2 channels. This was working ok in 11.0.

Passthrough of DTS audio is working most of the time but not all the time.

I am using a Radeon HD5450 HDMI output.

(2012-07-03, 20:30)Voyager-xbmc Wrote: Eureka, I found it! It was a Catalyst setting indeed, "Pulldown detection" was checked. I unchecked it and now audio playback through WASAPI doesn't cause choppy playback anymore.

Thanks fat-tony, for the help you provided by running these tests.

Another update: I still had one more video that had little stutters with WASAPI audio. I disabled "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" in the Catalyst Control Center, and that fixed it too.
@Voyager-xbmc --- Within Catalyst, I disabled AMD Overdrive and all Video Quality Enhancements. This eliminated all video juddering in XBMC. Did you find any of the settings useful? If not, you may want to try turning them all off like I did. Good luck!
Has anyone been successful getting path substitution to work in the advancedsettings.xml file for the nightly builds? The exact same advancedsettings.xml works on Eden, but not the nightly builds. These are the lines from the xml.

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://45.45.45.10/XBMC_Common/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

From the debug log:
16:19:39 T:4996 DEBUG: Trying to connect to \\45.45.45.10\XBMC_Common with username() and password(XXXX)
16:19:39 T:4996 ERROR: CWINFileSMB: Unable to open file for writing '\' Error '5

These are not the username and password set in the advancedsettings.xml file. Again, the exact same file, configuration, and share work on Eden.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Fixed... Something strange with the permissions on my Thumbnails share. I reset the permissions, and my problem is fixed.
Quick question. I'm running Frodo alpha 2, when I minimise XBMC and open a browser, to play a youtube clip say, the audio comes stright out of my laptop speakers, instead of through my 5.1 system like normal. It seems like my audio driver is locked by the new AE when its running as this didn't happen in Eden. Is there a way for XBMC to release the audio driver when its in the background, or will this be a possiblity later on? Forgive me if my explanation is not correct.

Also, my sound setup works with both WASAPI and DirectSound, could someone briefly explain the difference between these - and if one should be preferred over the other?

Thanks
has the CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity thing been looked into yet by anyone?

13th build still happening. Considering the June Cycle is out, this should be fixed by now.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
pap player is broken in todays build -_-
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
I finally managed to update XBMC to Frodo alpha 3.

I'm having major issues with playback though. Everything is stuttering and unplayable.

I have a log here..., but the same error that keeps popping up over and over throughout the log is this:

13:57:04 T:3540 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: Endpoint Buffer timed out
13:57:04 T:3540 ERROR: CSoftAE::RunOutputStage - sink error - reinit flagged
13:57:04 T:3540 DEBUG: CSoftAE::Run - Sink restart flagged
13:57:04 T:3540 INFO: CSoftAE::InternalOpenSink - sink incompatible, re-starting
13:57:04 T:3540 DEBUG: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: Initializing WASAPI Sink Rev. 1.0.5
13:57:04 T:3540 DEBUG: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: Checking IsFormatSupported with the following parameters:

It then goes on to list the parameters, followed by the same error.... Is there anyone supporting this here as of late?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Posted this In a seperate tread so here it is.
Hi
I Think Frodo with AE is hogging the Audio chain!
Have been running Frodo with Audio Engine for a while now.
Works like a charm.
Up until I fired up a 3D Blu Ray, this minimizes xbmc and launches TMT 5.
The movie wouldn't play any sound and was extremely slow.
Then I tested MCE live tv with xbmc minimized, and it reported no
Audio or video files present,
Thus not playing.
Then I ended xbmc and both worked again.
Is this because of Frodo with AE
Taking exclusive Right over Audio and not releasing it when done.
Anyone know ?
Exactly
Yeah, this happened while I was testing out a show in KMP to see if that stuttered, XBMC was open. File played extremely slowly, no sound and my sound system "crashed" (just kept turning off).

So it seems AE doesn't drop access while it is open with no vids or music playing.

Also the discontinuity errors and files playing with jumps/judders in still has not been looked at. Unfortunately there seems to be only one person coding AE and he is on holiday.

How the XBMC team is putting out builds when part of it is not being updated, I just do not know.
Quote:How the XBMC team is putting out builds when part of it is not being updated, I just do not know.

It's real easy - we build every night regardless of whether you like it or not :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Great stuff.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4