• 13(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
HELLO

Use smooth 07.07.2012, the following versions are giving me problems reading multichannel FLAC (blocks) and to read films in DTS HD (I get no sound)

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=DTSys1UD"
can a d525 with ion read dts-hd?

Quote: m_dataFormats : AE_FMT_EAC3,AE_FMT_DTS,AE_FMT_AC3,AE_FMT_S24NE4,AE_FMT_S24LE4,AE_FMT_S24BE4,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_S16BE,AE_FMT_LPCM
Was watching destination truth, and XBMC spazzed out, video froze sound still playing. Hit stop then the sound just kept going off then on then off then on etc. Had to end task.

And surprise surprise the thing that is still broken seems to be the cause - CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity

Full log here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1102460/
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
I previously posted that AE cannot input my 24-bit--only DAC in WASAPI mode. Here is a different but related problem: when playing a 24-bit source in WASAPI mode with a 16/24 bit DAC (ESI Audiotrak Dr. DAC nano), AE does play the audio, but downscales it to 16 bits :-(

The cause seems to the same as with the failure to feed my 24-bit-only DAC: AE detects that hte DAC supports "AE_FMT_S24NE3" (not AE_FMT_S24NE4), but then tries to feed the DAC with "AE_FMT_S24NE4" instead, so it doesn't work. It then uses AE_FMT_S16NE, i.e. downscales my 24-bit source to 16 bits.

Here is the debug log :

http://pastebin.com/2CY0nr6e
System: XBMC HTPC with USB WASAPI & AudioEngine - Musical Fidelity V-DAC II 24/94 or ESI Audiotrak Dr. DAC Nano SPIDF interface
(2012-07-20, 18:53)Nimo Wrote: can a d525 with ion read dts-hd?

Quote: m_dataFormats : AE_FMT_EAC3,AE_FMT_DTS,AE_FMT_AC3,AE_FMT_S24NE4,AE_FMT_S24LE4,AE_FMT_S24BE4,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_S16BE,AE_FMT_LPCM

No, the D525 does not read DTS HD, but XBMC reads in normal DTS, since the program setup i disable the receiver DTS HD capacity, at least until the release on 08/07/2012 in WASAPI, but starting with version 13 / 07/2012 does not sound neither in WASAPI or DirectSound

PAP player continue broken in wasapi mode, no audio in music, DTS-HD fixed today for Wasapi, direct have troubles yet..

Here Windows version frodo with the latest commits done today,

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/XBMCSe...-ae-dx.exe

Wanilton

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
pap player still broken, anyone working to fix this?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
(2012-06-16, 18:40)curtis-r Wrote: Just installed nightly XBMCSetup-20120615-e82e22a-master (my first since Eden) and system/audio output/audio output device no longer has a Default mode. Can XBMC no longer let Windows determine where to send audio?

For me, this is critical b/c I have an autohotkey script that changes the Windows output from digital to analog or visa versa. I use analog mode to feed music to a multi-zone audio distribution system, and digital when I want to watch a movie.

I tried using profiles in the past to control audio output, but that various negatives. If there is no default audio output anymore, I ask if there is a way to switch audio outputs through a keymap function. Even better would be discrete outputs for music vs. movies, but I know that's a much bigger suggestion.

I'm wondering this as well.
So is the AE dev still MIA? and why is there only one person working on this? the engine is still broken. For some videos, AE is incapable of outputting audio without the video juddering about. The only way to get these videos to play correctly is if I set to direct sound, and disable all of the options like dolby capable receiver etc. But then obviously I don't get 5.1 audio.

The only format it is not having problems with is DTS,just about all of my movies hd and all have dts audio, and they all play fine.

Dolby suffers from slowdowns, and even an video that has mono audio. An interesting example is evangelion: the ogg vorbis stereo eng audio, video plays fine. But on 5.1 HE-AAC it is choppy.

Tried to be helpful as I can with details, logs etc but it seems I'm just waving my dick in the wind here.

Edit: AAC defiantly not working as it should.
(2012-07-30, 23:34)Death-Axe Wrote: So is the AE dev still MIA? and why is there only one person working on this?
bear in mind no dev is paid for this; sometimes real life needs attention Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
The dev's working on AE put in a lot of work during the first 6 months of the year into getting AE merged into the XBMC master branch, although it can be frustrating from a end users point of view not seeing any updates please cut them some slack, as remember this is all done on freely on their own time and they are well deserving of a break after all their incredible efforts on AE thus far.
Agreed, they deserve a break ... But....

They are just MIA and no one seems to know where / when they will be back. Or at least I gather that from the responses I have gotten. I think last time dddamian said he'd be gone for a month holiday, but he hasn't even signed in since he left and that was probably 2 months ago by now.

I don't think the community wants everything fixed now, I think it's just a case of knowing whats happening... or when to expect an update. No one likes to be kept in the dark.... And yes, the devs probably don't owe us anything, afterall they have done so much already... but it would be nice

Big Grin
(2012-08-10, 17:58)abudabi Wrote: but he hasn't even signed in since he left and that was probably 2 months ago by now.

Wahahahaha.. i just checked and he signed in 3 days ago. I give myself the Stare

Anyway.. at least he's still alive and kicking so lets see what happens. Rofl
An update would be nice even if it's just a "haven't the time due to busy personal/work stuff" or "spent so much time on xbmc that wife threatened to divorce me so taking a break".

As AE is now merged into mainline branch then any of the dev's can work on it, but no doubt due to the other stuff like the new Android port then there's probably other priorities at the moment. There's also work needed I believe to get all platforms up to the same standard so maybe progression is halted on Windows builds until other platforms catch up.

What ever the reason for it being quiet around here this will definitely have to change once Team XBMC decide there is a need to get Frodo pushed out for an official release, so I would expect activity to pick up again towards end of year.
I'm still using the Frodo Alpha 3 build, and really have had very little problems. AudioEngine works fine in that build. I'm patient enough to wait for work to resume on AudioEngine, and just like jjd-uk said, once the push moves toward the betas and then official release, all will be addressed.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4