iPad - Media Scraping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
randomwalsh Offline
Hey

Running iOS 5.0.1 with the latest XBMC Eden.

I copy my series / movies into var/mobile/media/xbmc/movies and var/mobile/media/xbmc/tv shows

I open XBMC on ipad and add sources and set content for movies and tv and run automated scan.

It only scrapes a few movies and misses out other. But if I do a browse for in the file menu the file is there and plays. It just doesnt scrape it and add it.

For the tv series it just scrapes the name of the show but not the folders inside ie Season 1, 2.... or the episodes...

Any help?

[Image: watched-fanart.jpg]
find quote
DLeavy Offline
Fan
How are they named? Can you provide a debug log of you scraping? Can you call up the Episdoe Information of the show when you're in file view?
find quote
crawl Offline
Yeah, if the file isn't named correctly, it won't scrape it correctly.

If it's named like "SomeAwesomeMovie.HDTV.720P.Release.ENG.avi", it's probably not going to scrape right.

It scrapes the best when the movie is named in the format "SomeAwesomeMovie (2012).avi".

For TV Shows, it's important to have the files include the S01E01 type info for season and episode scraping.
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
See Adding videos to the library

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
(This post was last modified: 2012-05-12 20:46 by Ned Scott.)
find quote
randomwalsh Offline
thanks for the replies.

its seems to have cleared it up

[Image: watched-fanart.jpg]
find quote