Auto launch crashed program?
OS/X has been going pretty good for me, but occasionally xbmc will crash. Does anyone know a way to automatically relaunch it again in Lion OSX? I was thinking about just using XBMCUbuntu, but I understand you can't use netflix on it right?

Thanks
Mo
Found this for Mac OS X 10.5. No idea if it still works, but it's a start: http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?st...0022032707

EDIT: another similar guide: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions...pplication
Thanks for the help I'm trying the following, if it works i'll keep you posted:

1) Using a program called Lingon, I have made it so that if xbmc is exited, it relaunches automatically, and can never really be closed, so that assures me if someone messes with it, it'll always have xbmc going

2) Using the command line defaults write com.apple.CrashReporter DialogType none its supposed to get rid of that crash error display,

I'll keep this post up to date if it works!
Mo
Well if anyone cares, that command line worked perfectly, so if XBMC crashes it does not bring up that button which says try again, report etc. So with that and the Lingon, if xbmc crashes it automatically relaunches and does not have that error button in the front.
Just confirming the function, XBMC continues to get relaunched when and if it crashes but if it is quite normally, it stays shut ?
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Not unless you turn off the script from lingon. If you don't do that, the program will just keep relaunching.. relaunching.. relaunching into infinity (if it crashes or shut down). To turn that off, u have to disable that script you made in lingon and reboot or sign out and back in.
(2012-05-20, 04:58)mohanman Wrote: Thanks for the help I'm trying the following, if it works i'll keep you posted:

1) Using a program called Lingon, I have made it so that if xbmc is exited, it relaunches automatically, and can never really be closed, so that assures me if someone messes with it, it'll always have xbmc going

2) Using the command line defaults write com.apple.CrashReporter DialogType none its supposed to get rid of that crash error display,

I'll keep this post up to date if it works!
Mo

Hi there,

Thank you for this tip it is exactly what I needed.
However can you specify how you set up lingon. I did install it, created a new launch plist in my agents and I put the path to the xbmc app in field number 2, checked keep alive no matter what and then restarted but it does not work. The plist file is indeed in the launchAgents folder and when I try to load it using terminal it says it is already loaded. But again it does not relaunch xbmc upon exit.
Do you have any suggestions based on what you did ?

Thanks anyway !
Honestly, I'm not sure exactly what I did, did you reboot the computer or log out and log back in?
Does anyone have NETFLIX working at all on xbmc??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto launch crashed program?0