Future of XBMC?
Hi all,

I was just wondering if there's an official post or site that details what the plans for future versions of xbmc are? Can't find anything so thought I'd ask.

Cheers Smile
Whatever the Dev's who contribute their valuable time to XBMC want to do:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues?dire...state=open

(Thanks developers!)

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
There's things I cannot say, except to say the immediate future is bright indeed Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
And acording to a post a while ago:'up'
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Heh - almost quoted JM there too Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
there used to be a page on trac that listed all the features that they would like to have included in the next version or two, but I can't seem to find it.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
There is no longer a "feature freeze" so exciting things to come.
Video 
Marvin Gaye always wanted to know that too.

I cannot find the future roadmap. Once I saw the 12 and 13 version lists on a page.
Could anyone give me a link?
Thanks
I think that roadmap was out of date and was removed. The current relevant information about new features is GitHub.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc
I really hope the libCEC commits are merged soon, just got a CEC adapter and it refuses to work with the current release.
I think it was not too old :-O
(2012-06-03, 21:30)sialivi Wrote: I really hope the libCEC commits are merged soon, just got a CEC adapter and it refuses to work with the current release.
Grab a build from the pulse eight website it has got all the CEC stuff up to date.

(2012-06-04, 00:41)crash123 Wrote: Grab a build from the pulse eight website it has got all the CEC stuff up to date.

Unfortunatly I need the new audio engine so that doesn't help. That's why I hope the commits are merged soon so I don't have to chose between CEC and AE anymore.
(2012-06-04, 05:38)sialivi Wrote:
(2012-06-04, 00:41)crash123 Wrote: Grab a build from the pulse eight website it has got all the CEC stuff up to date.

Unfortunatly I need the new audio engine so that doesn't help. That's why I hope the commits are merged soon so I don't have to chose between CEC and AE anymore.

Grab the latest alpha release. That one has every thing.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Future of XBMC?0