Gyration Air Music Remote problems
I bought a new remote to control XBMC and was quite excited about it until I got it and started using it. I did some research and looked into the Gyration Air Music Remote as a perfect solution to control my HTPC.

Here are the problems I am running into:

1) There is absolutely no update firmware for this remote and it was shipped with a generic "Go 2.4 Series USB receiver" (long story...but I am stuck with it) Half the buttons don't work (e.g. all the stop, play pause etc., back button, inofrmation button, and all the hot buttons for my pictures videos etc.) I don't even know where to begin because the instruction booklet and the website support say its just plug and play for the PC.

2) It won't control my Yamaha receiver. WTH? My harmony remote had no problem figuring it out 3 years ago, the receiver is not too new or old. I tried all the codes in the book and the autoprograming functions. No Luck. I got it to turn off but it won't control it or turn it back on.

3) Did I buy a DUD? Or does anyone else have this remote and know of a work around or a hack to make this thing useful? I'd like to reprogram some of these buttons so it is useful in XBMC....i.e. the stop, pause and play functions and getting the information button and back button to wok would also be useful. It would also be cool to program one of the buttons to act as a scroll wheel.

Anyone else own this remote?

Currently looking into eventghost for an 80 percent solution. Still that isn't going to solve my problem with the remote not controling my yamaha receiver though.

Sad
Hey can I ask where you bought the Gyration Air Music remote from please. I have been looking for one for ages.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gyration Air Music Remote problems0