Win "videos" button always goes to video "files"
What happened to "videos" button always goes to video "files" option, it used to be there now it's not in the nightly builds?
I'm guessing it was removed since the planned changes for Frodo may require new settings for that and various other Home screen options.
That's to bad as i found it to be useful, made things faster to navigate to.
Then you'll probably like what we have in store. It's going to make things a lot more easier, faster, and makes more sense. At least that's the aim. Basically, you should end up having more control of what's going on in the home screen.
Awesome i can't wait to see it thanks!

When might the next nightly build have this feature or features in it?
No eta.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Is this implemented in the nightly/monthly builds yet? Would be great if I could set it up so that Videos button goes directly to file mode and to a specific source that I use most of the times.
Hello,

looking also to restore "Videos button always goes to Files" in nightly build.
Maybe with some tweking on Confluence Home.xml file ?

Thx,
A.
I hope I'm missing something but we are at Beta 1 and there still does not seem to be a way of having the Videos menu item go directly to files. I have been running this way for years and for me this is the best way.
The default Confluence skin doesn't have configurable home buttons. However, you can use the Confluence-MOD skin to do this easily. It's nearly identical to Confluence, but with some advanced user options.

Install Confluence-MOD

Go into "Videos" where it shows the very top level.

Highlight "Files" and bring up the contextual menu and add it to favorites.

In the skin settings, hide the default "Videos" button.

Go to the advanced settings and make a custom favorite home menu button called "Videos".

a new option below will pop up that will allow you to assign this button to the "Files" favorite.

Presto.
Oh, and what I had mentioned before was specifically about custom video nodes (wiki), which you can do the same trick with. Think of "TV Show", "Movies", and "Music videos" as nodes. With custom video nodes you can make as many more as you want. It just needs skin support to make them show up as buttons on the home screen (you can still access them universally via the default "Videos" node). Since Confluence-MOD is now in the official XBMC repo, there really isn't a need to add this customization to the default skin. Note, it hasn't been added to the v12 repo, but it will work if you install it in v11 and then upgrade to v12. Skin for the v12 repo should be showing up soon, once skin authors have updated their skins for any issues that might come up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"videos" button always goes to video "files"0