• 22(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists
Hello, love the add-on. Just had a quick question, I have spent the last 3 months or so editing all ID3 tags on my entire library to make sure there are as little mistakes as possible (have a lot of music) and I deleted my music database file that xbmc uses so that I can start entirely from scratch. It picked everything up almost perfectly this time around but the one big thing I noticed that its not picking up at all is the bio for every artist. The scraper is set to pull from TheAudioDB.com and when I go to change it there does not appear to be a second option. Is there a problem at the moment with the site that would cause this? Any other info needed please let me know. Just wanted to know if I may be doing something wrong or if there is actually a problem with the scraper pulling from that site at the moment.

Thanks for any and all help.
The site should be working fine.

Have you checked the artists exist on TheAudioDB? If not then add them Wink
Yes I checked a bunch just to make sure. I knew some of the 1000+ artists I had would not return a match but I also have a lot of fairly popular stuff as well which still returned nothing for example the beatles or any classic rock type stuff. I will see what I can find but I dont know to much about this to know where to start looking for problems either. As of now 0 artists updated for their bio's.

Thanks
My bet is that you were not scraping any of your artist as of yet. You only scanned them in to the library, so what you see now are all coming from the tags and not from any online content provider.

Open up the context menu in the artist node and hit 'Query info for all artists'...
Just got home to try this and still the same. It took about 5 minutes to run the query artists option but after it finished nothing changed from what I saw.
Scraper is get artist wrong, in actual gotham nightlies version, I have create new collection from zero, with download aditional data set on, after I export and create nfo for each artist, when check file, I have this error *wrong artist in this case artist correct is Apocalyptica, get data Amy Winehouse.

Here are have strange situation, many artists are fine, and others wrong.

@olympia, I believe native support for mediaelch, cause this new situation, with changes in database. And yes, I create new database with latest changes, but continue have troubles. In April version Gotham, it´s work fine.
Thanks for your constant good job.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I've just upgraded to Frodo from Eden, and for some reason this addon is now disabled and I can't enable it anywhere. I have a feeling this is something to do with the fact that I had it disabled before I upgraded (can't even remember why now it was a while ago) but now that it seems to form part of the core it looks like it may have taken that setting and just copied it preventing me from changing.

Does anyone know if there is a flag somewhere that I can change or, what else I might be able to do to start using this plugin again?
@ olympia: why the artist scraper is taking too long to scrape all artists? My music database is tagged using Musicbrainz Picard. Using pre 13.0 Alpha 4 on Windows 7 sp1
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Might need to post this here:

I have issues with my Music library that I can't seem to figure out, but first let me explain the situation.

I have had XBMC running and perfectly setup for over a year now. However I needed some more HDD space so on Friday (just gone) I picked up another 3tb and a 120gb SSD. I installed these into my HTPC and started to clean up the locations of my media as it was spread all over the place.

Once finished I rebooted and installed Windows 7 onto the SSD which is now my dedicated software hard drive. Now my storage situation is like this:

C: - OS/Software etc (including XBMC install)
D: 1tb Storage - This is now where all my music is.
E: 2tb Storage - This is where all my movies are.
F: 3tb Storage - This is where all my TV Shows are.

Now when I copied around the TV shows/Movies/Music folders I did not make any adjustments, I left all the files including all the art that was downloaded previously etc.

I reinstalled XBMC (Eden 11.0 as I need the dual audio feature that isn't available on Frodo yet)(And installed Aeon MQ3 skin same as it was before) and made a source for TV Shows & Movies, I then ran Artwork Downloader and once finished everything with Movies and TV Shows was perfect, fanart showing, posters art etc everything was great like it was before.

I noticed however for music that XBMC kept saying that the Allmusic scraper was broken, I didn't think much of it however since I used to use the MusicBranz scraper anyway. Just so you know when I was setting XBMC up last time (over a year ago) I ran all my music through MusicBranz Picard, and spend many hours getting the tags perfect through that program.

The music folder structure is as follows: Music/Artist/Album/Track.mp3

So anyway I went to change the default music scraper to MusicBranz but then I found my first issue, its not thereHuh I couldn't find the MusicBranz scraper in the repository like last time? I thought that was odd but then selected the Universal Scraper.

I then added my Music source, selected that new scraper (which was already selected anyway) clicked scan to library and went to bed.

Next morning I woke up, it had finished scanning to library, but the odd thing was that none of the fanart showed up, I have Music Artists in slideshow view so there should be a thumbnail for the artist as well as the background fanart. But there was none of this, there was however a few album thumbnails (though some were missing). I thought that was a bit odd since the fanart from the before was still in all the folders etc.

So I then opened up cdArt Manager, turned on MusicBranz ID thing in settings (which I was instructed to do last time), and ran the build database. After this was finished I ran through all the download art options which were real quick. Went back and checked the music library... Still nothing. I thought this was odd so I picked a random artist (in this case Aerosmith) and in the contect menu selected "Artist Information" which I know usually brings up options for reloading, fanart etc. However up popped the search window (where you can type in the artist) with "Aerosmith" already typed in, I clicked "Done" so it would search, it searched for a few seconds and then just returned to the search window again... I tried this numerous times on different artists and none seemed to be recognised??

So I then went back and checked cdArt manager, I went into fanart then search artist, which buffered for awhile then brought up my list of artists, however no matter what I clicked on it said "unrecognised" and then "no art for artist, please add some to Fanart.tv"

This is where I am now. It seems to me like XBMC music scrapper isnt working? But I have deleted the music library (cleaned in between) and rescanned using a few different scrapers like Freebase I think, YOYO, basically a few from the small list of scrapers available for download and install.

So can someone tell me where I am going wrong? I tried all the tricks that I remembered from the last time I set this up, but like I said it was over a year ago so I'm a little bit hazy on the details.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and please ask questions as to what I did try.

Thanks

EDIT:

Somehow this randomly started working, the only thing I did was go in and turn off and turn back on the universal scraper. But I still have issues, I did a "Query All Artist Info" command and it started "downloading" etc this took an age, like at least 5 hours or so, but the end result was a partial success. Now my Artists have thumbs and a background, however it still doesn't seem to download any artist info, the genres are unavailable, the ratings are unavailable, and there is no artist bio or anything. However it does say where they are fromHuh

Any ideas on a fix for this?
(2013-06-07, 17:59)bandelguy Wrote: @ olympia: why the artist scraper is taking too long to scrape all artists? My music database is tagged using Musicbrainz Picard. Using pre 13.0 Alpha 4 on Windows 7 sp1

The new alphas support Musicbrainz tag lookups that picard writes. This makes the scanner incredibly accurate but also slow.

We had to indroduce a delay of 2 seconds for each request to music brainz because they have a rate limiter.

We basically need someone to run a fast musicbrainz mirror without any rate limiting. Anyone can run a server, its quite easy.

http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Server/Setup
(2013-07-01, 05:06)Stildawn Wrote: *Snip*

EDIT:

Somehow this randomly started working, the only thing I did was go in and turn off and turn back on the universal scraper. But I still have issues, I did a "Query All Artist Info" command and it started "downloading" etc this took an age, like at least 5 hours or so, but the end result was a partial success. Now my Artists have thumbs and a background, however it still doesn't seem to download any artist info, the genres are unavailable, the ratings are unavailable, and there is no artist bio or anything. However it does say where they are fromHuh

Any ideas on a fix for this?

Sorry to be a bother, but does anyone have any ideas on the above?

Thanks
no data scraped from allmusic now... (probably due to new site design?!)
(2013-07-15, 23:26)sergiocos Wrote: no data scraped from allmusic now... (probably due to new site design?!)

Hi

Would this also affect Artist fanart? I just re-scraped my music collection on a new system and now artists that previously had fanart now do not. Also missing bio's where they were present previously. I double checked all scraper settings and they are the same on the new system vs the old one.

Or maybe its because since last time I scraped HTBackDrops has gone down.

Many Thanks
First sites to scrape are fanart.TV and theaudiodb. Might wanna check if they have those images. If they do something else may be wrong
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9