Win Best windows 7 os
Ok folks I've done a bit of searching but can't find the specific answer. My acer revo rl70 arrived this morning and I've come to the conclusion that windows 7 is the most stable platform to use but which version. Home basic, ultimate i.e. obviously I want the OS to be as resource light as possible?
The different Win7 versions are really very similar when i comes to resource use. They just vary in available features.
I would use anything but home premium as this version does not support remote desktop (in case you should ever need it), but other than that you can go with any version you'd like.

A good tip would be to disable all eye-candy such as Aero etc. and take a look at what services that start up automatically. (Run->msconfig) Disable services/programs you KNOW you don't need.

Good luckSmile
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
(2012-06-07, 14:06)torcar Wrote: The different Win7 versions are really very similar when i comes to resource use. They just vary in available features.
I would use anything but home premium as this version does not support remote desktop (in case you should ever need it), but other than that you can go with any version you'd like.

A good tip would be to disable all eye-candy such as Aero etc. and take a look at what services that start up automatically. (Run->msconfig) Disable services/programs you KNOW you don't need.

Good luckSmile

Just confirmed wat I thought, ultimate it is. Cheers
(2012-06-07, 13:24)mack3rs Wrote: Ok folks I've done a bit of searching but can't find the specific answer. My acer revo rl70 arrived this morning and I've come to the conclusion that windows 7 is the most stable platform to use but which version. Home basic, ultimate i.e. obviously I want the OS to be as resource light as possible?
Windows 7 64-bit home is fine.....you can customize it- Customizing Windows for XBMC........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
You don't need Ultimate unless you really need it in 35+ languages, XP emulation, domain support, etc. Home Premium will do the job just fine.
how come when i select a video the audio plays but the video doesnt kick in for bout 10-15 sec... then the video fast forwards until the video syncs the audioHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best windows 7 os0