Top 10 Movies to test your system
(2012-06-08, 16:06)DDDamian Wrote: Peter Gabriel - New Blood. Same idea - orchestral back-up.

This a great show, even with a 1080i video stream!

I love the idea of Concert videos being the test for the system. Here's some the seem to be in constant rotation in my system. Unfortunately, some of these have not been released on BD...

Zappa Plays Zappa - Incredible musicians performing incredible compostions! (DVD, DD)
Nine Inch Nails: Live Beside You in Time - PQ and AQ workout! (HD-DVD, THD)
Peter Gabriel: Growing Up Live - This man knows how to put on a show! (DVD, DTS)
Rush: Time Machine - Finally, a really good Rush BD! (BD, DTS-MA)
Porcupine Tree: Anesthetize - Great SQ! (BD, DTS-MA)
Genesis: When in Rome - Huge production, classic tunes. (DVD, DTS)
Joe Satriani: Satchurated - New release. A typical Satch show, but with 7.1 sound! (and 3D if you please) (BD, THD)

I could keep going, but the frequency of viewings starts to drop off now....

Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-06-08, 17:20)thrak76 Wrote: Joe Satriani: Satchurated - New release. A typical Satch show, but with 7.1 sound! (and 3D if you please) (BD, THD)

I am going to have to find this one! Smile

most impressive sound quality on concerts incl. impressive surround music
on all channels >>> my favourites

Jean-Michel Jarre "China"
AMBRA = landscapes with new age music

but, these two are only avaible on DVD
(2012-06-08, 17:30)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: Jean-Michel Jarre "China"

I just got a hold of Jean-Michel Jarre's Aero on a DTS CD. Had not heard anything before. Very cool, relaxing music.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-06-08, 17:40)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 17:30)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: Jean-Michel Jarre "China"

I just got a hold of Jean-Michel Jarre's Aero on a DTS CD. Had not heard anything before. Very cool, relaxing music.

then you have to see an to hear the China concert in DTS...I would say: more than having music splitted up in
5.1 channels isn't possible...beside AMBRA
U-571, amazing sound. The scenes where they are being chased with depth charges have some amazing deep bass and surround effects in them.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

good idea with U-571!...never saw on blu ray, only long time ago on dvd
I was going to say U-571 but didn't think it was on Blu yet...
It is, had it for quite a while actually.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-06-08, 21:53)Mick1152 Wrote: U-571, amazing sound. The scenes where they are being chased with depth charges have some amazing deep bass and surround effects in them.
+1 for U-571......it rattles the couch with my 7.2 surround sound system whenever there is explosion!

Here are some more ideas- Your Favorite Bluray Disc......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
The picture on the U-571 blu-ray is rubbish, ideally you want the video of the HD DVD remuxed with the audio from the blu-ray for the best version of U-571.
I think Tron deserves to be in that list too...
First one I watched after i got my HT set up was Saving Private Ryan. That seemed to do a pretty good job.. the opening scene, in particular.
You right! The opening scene in Saving Private Ryan is especially from the sound very realistic...
"too realistic"...great job done by Steven Spielberg
Agreed

Face/Off Japanese import has a very powerful PCM track.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Top 10 Movies to test your system1