keyboard.xml - Send a keypress
I am playing around with some of the key mapping for some of keys on my MCE remote.

So far my keyboard.xml looks like this:

<!--Template XBMC keyboard file-->
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<backspace>fullscreen</backspace>
<asterisk>info</asterisk>
<eight mod="ctrl,shift">fullscreen</eight>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

How do I got about mapping a button to a keypress. For example when I press CTRL+SHIFT+W I want it to see the shutdown menu. Or basically I want to map CTRL_SHIFT_W to the letter S
<w mod="ctrl,shift">???</eight>

Is that supported in keyboard.xml, or do I need to update a different XML file to tell XBMC to replace the S command with CTRL_SHIFT_W ?

Also is there a way to map a key combination like CTRL O to take me directly into TV Shows.
Shutdown menu = XBMC.ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)
TV shows = XBMC.ActivateWindow(Videos,TvShowTitles,return)

For more details/options, see: Also, you can enable debugging, select your XBMC option/function and then look in your debug log (wiki) to see the associated XBMC action name(s). That's how I found out XBMC.ActivateWindow(Videos,TVShowTitles,return) is what displayed the TV Shows list.
Thanks Artrafael for pointing me in the right direction. I was able to create keyboard shortcuts to link directly to Music, TV Shows, Movies, Weather, and Pictures and assign those shortcuts to buttons on my Harmony remote.
I just added this to my keyboard.xml file: <o mod="ctrl,alt">CodecInfo</o> now when I press Ctrl+Alt+O on the keyboard the Codec Info is displayed.

How do you then get this to work with the Harmony remote? I can teach my Harmony Ctrl+Alt+O no problem using an IR MCE keyboard to teach the Harmony that keyboard command.

What I don't get is how to edit the rc6_mce keymap file to intercept this new command? I am using the ir-keytable and in kernel IR module.

Or are you using LIRC ?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keyboard.xml - Send a keypress0