Win last nighlty low fps in menu, crashing at start etc...
Hello everyone, for some day now I struggle with xbmc...
at first xbmc "eden"crashed when my xbox 360 wireless pad went to sleep...but this problem got solved with latest nighlty...and it's true!
BUT since I install latest nightly ( about 3 or 4, now I have the most recent from today) I have MANY problems...

First thing: low fps while browsing in menu ( everyone of them) about 40 fps ( I had 60 before ) which is really annoying...

then : some time xbmc crash on start ( as soon as I launch it ) and I have to restart my computer to make it start...

and : after some playing around with xbmc, the sound goes off, and videos are VERY laggy...

I spend many time on the forum before asking for help but now I don't know what to do!
It seems that some of my problem come from the new sound engine AE....so I update my realtech drivers...but I still got theses bug...
Now xbmc manage the thumbnails and other image differently....maybe it's the cause of the slow fps...( which didn't occure everytime but often)
some time my xbmc is 60 fps then it slow down...Sad
I'm an everyday user of xbmc and it's become a real pain in the ass lately...
is there a nightly version of xbmc where the 360 pad bug is fixed but without the new sound engine?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4lujg4d33xh7nh6

this is my most recent log ( with slow fps) I can't post it in pastbin because it's >500k....sorry about that...

every help is welcome!
thanks to the communauty for xbmc
I wish I can enjoy it again like I use to!!

I'm on windows 7 with i5 intel proc, an ati video card ( 6950 ) and 3gb of ram...

new log ( with no sound problem)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?7zyy926gbf5615c
You're lucky even. My allegedly stable XBMC 11.0 Eden starts up using anything from 0.4fps to 2.8fps. It's quite absurd even. After a few minutes of struggling at an almost standstill pace, it goes back to 60fps, and remains at that for the most part.

You'd think someone actually tests this stuff before releasing it.

N.B. I have an i7 980X, with 12G of RAM, and a GTX 580.
EDIT: I solved this, btw. I just did a full clean reinstall (including removing the pertinent AppData folders).
well i didn't bother to reinstall everything which will be my last option....I just went back to eden rc2 which work perfectly for me...someday I'll make a full reinstall but right now i didn't have the time...and I think that all my problems comes from the new AE stuff ( it's messing with my sound driver somehow) ...just wait till it's bug free...
thx for sharing though!

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
last nighlty low fps in menu, crashing at start etc...0