XBMCbuntu problems
Sorry for bad English Angel
1. I have no sound when playing video (connect hdmi cable)
2. I can not connect a folder with movies (in windows pc) - asks for a password for connect, but I do not have a password on my computer!
3. Why XBMC does not see NTFS partition on the disk? (sda5). NTFS partition is only visible in the file manager if login XBMCbuntu

My HTPC: Intel Core2 Duo [email protected], GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3, 2GB DDR2 OCZ, ASUS ENGT520 Silent/DI/1GD3(LP)/1Gb DDR3, 450W

THX! Big Grin
Hello? Where suport? Smile

I tried the method - did not work
Quote:9 - Enable HDMI Audio

After XBMC has booted:

Ctrl+Alt+F1 to switch to a terminal and log in with the user/pass you created in the install
Run the "alsamixer"command
Hit F6 to select the soundcard in use and select "HDA NVidia"
Hit "m" to unmute the s/pdif output (You'll see 00 appear in the centre of the screen)
"Esc" to exit
Run "aplay -l", You'll see output like this, take a note of the card number and device number for the NVidia card:
Code:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Ctrl+Alt+F7 to switch back to XBMC
Go to "System->System->Audio output"
Choose HDMI as the Audio Output, and whatever speaker config you have (I left this as 2.0)
Select "Custom" for Audio output device and enter "plughw:1,3" for the Custom audio device (the 1,3 represents the card 1 device 3 from step 6)
Select "Custom" for Passthrough output device and enter "plughw:1,3" for the Custom passthrough device (the 1,3 represents the card 1 device 3 from step 6)
Done!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
I'm going to assume that you've seen many of the other HDMI audio threads in this forum. You have two cards shown. Have you tried disabling the onboard analog audio (with some boards/cards, the aplay listings are different after doing this)? Some mainboards also put a switch for HDMI audio in the BIOS.

Also post the output of the following:
Code:
# shows your audio device
lspci | grep -i audio

# see if XBMCbuntu installed an ALSA config file
cat /etc/asound.conf ~/.asoundrc

# list ALSA devices
aplay -L

Also, please post how your speakers are connected to the PC (PC > Receiver > TV, PC > TV, etc.).

For #2, you should put in your username with a blank password, or have it log in as Guest/Anonymous.

For #3, you probably just don't have the computer auto-mounting the NTFS partition. See this guide.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
(2012-06-16, 19:42)Plaguester Wrote: Also, please post how your speakers are connected to the PC (PC > Receiver > TV, PC > TV, etc.).

PC (geforce 520) > TV Sony KDL-46EX710 (hdmi connection)

(2012-06-16, 19:42)Plaguester Wrote: For #2, you should put in your username with a blank password, or have it log in as Guest/Anonymous.
Windows PC doesnt have password. If you do not enter a password - it is not possible to connect to the folder.
Woow! I mount a drive Big Grin
remains to solve the two problems...

Oh.. Sda5 is visible in XBMC player, but not visible in the system filemanager... Confused

(2012-06-17, 09:03)Taktik Wrote: Oh.. Sda5 is visible in XBMC player, but not visible in the system filemanager... Confused

It will be wherever the mount point is: /media/whatever. It will not be visible in the bar on the left when it is auto-mounted.

All Windows users have a password. Yours just happens to be blank. It really shouldn't be blank if you have anything important on the system. If you insist on not using your username and a blank password, simply enable guest access on the share and have XBMC use that.

Most people don't realize that many TVs do not support decoding digital audio (although many can pass it through over optical). Generally this is because the crappy little speakers in the TV aren't worth the effort. Try the following settings in XBMC:

Audio Output Type: Analog
Speaker Configuration: 2.0
Boost Volume on Downmix: Yes
Audio Device: hdmi (ALSA)

If that doesn't work, post the output of aplay -L.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu problems0