• 6(current)
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release
I installed this v2version it is more stable then eden i think (i can play with the sound settings without chrasing xbmc)

Thought it chrased once so far:

10:12:46 T:3037878016 NOTICE: CWinSystemX11::SetFullScreen - calling xrandr
10:12:47 T:3037878016 ERROR: InitRenderSystem() glewInit returned 1: Missing GL version
10:12:47 T:3037878016 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init rendering system
(2012-07-06, 01:09)robo989 Wrote: Would you mind explaining how you managed to login to the tvheadend web-gui for setting up your channels? I can't seem to login at all with the version included built into this release, no matter what I do.

Sorry I don't remember having changed anything. Maybe a chmod problem ?

(2012-07-10, 13:26)ced64k Wrote:
(2012-07-06, 01:09)robo989 Wrote: Would you mind explaining how you managed to login to the tvheadend web-gui for setting up your channels? I can't seem to login at all with the version included built into this release, no matter what I do.

Sorry I don't remember having changed anything. Maybe a chmod problem ?

Definately not a chmod problem, I'm curious because no user name or password is created for tvheadend and tvheadend won't allow any login unless you build it with the -C switch, but since it's already built into the install....I'm wondering how that is possible for anyone to login, was it just a case of going to the webgui address for tvheadend and no password or user name requested, or did you set anything up? I have tried the configure command, it creates a username and password permissions file but makes no difference, won't login.

Cheers,
(2012-07-05, 22:26)David1977 Wrote: Thanks first for this great work.

I installed v2 from the first post, and everything works fine (almost) Wink

I don´t get any hd-sound. Only a crahing noise from all speakers at the same time. Switching to another language with DD or DTS I get the normal movie sound.

What is your hardware, the crashing or static sound from HD material, at least for me meant lack of hardware support.

As far as I know currently, only ION2 (referred as Next Generation ION) and some nvidia chips support HD audio pass-through (common are the 520, 430 chips).

ION1, Intel and AMD do NOT support HD audio at this time. ION1 is hardware related, will never support HD Audio. Intel and AMD have to do with linux drivers and lack of support.

Had that weird thing where it boots into terminal asking for my username and password again (I posted about this before). This time I got some logs:

xbmc log: http://pastebin.com/VnVS3nEQ
xorg.1.log: http://pastebin.com/ypyGxcDd
xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/W0vp5qNv

a sudo service lightdm start gets me back on track. But it would be nice to know what is causing this, as it means I have to keep a keyboard attached!

Edit: I'm wondering if this is happening after every sudo apt-get update / upgradeHuh
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Hey,

great work. Finally my system has no more audio-issues or crashes. But:
I want to upgrade from my current xbmcbuntu to the new 12.04 version. I know I should do this in the terminal but (shame on me) I lost the password to get into xbmbuntu. So now I'm stuck.
Is there another way to install it?

Edit: nevermind. need to reinstall anyway. great.. Sad
(2012-07-11, 17:13)dandirk Wrote:
(2012-07-05, 22:26)David1977 Wrote: Thanks first for this great work.

I installed v2 from the first post, and everything works fine (almost) Wink

I don´t get any hd-sound. Only a crahing noise from all speakers at the same time. Switching to another language with DD or DTS I get the normal movie sound.

What is your hardware, the crashing or static sound from HD material, at least for me meant lack of hardware support.

As far as I know currently, only ION2 (referred as Next Generation ION) and some nvidia chips support HD audio pass-through (common are the 520, 430 chips).

ION1, Intel and AMD do NOT support HD audio at this time. ION1 is hardware related, will never support HD Audio. Intel and AMD have to do with linux drivers and lack of support.

You´re absolutely right. I´ve got an ION1 Board (Zotac ION F-Series). I learnd about it in the AE development-thread Wink.

So I have to buy some new hardware. Maybe just another graphic-card (Zotac passively cooled GT430). The F-Series has an PCI slot for that.

Thanks for your response.

Greets

Wow finally an iso file where I don't have to fiddle with the audio over HDMI settings (running on an old ASUS board, AMD CPU and GT210 GPU)
Also the video freezing solved.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Tried updating to nvidia 302.17 drivers for stutter free 24.000 fps playback support and afterwards am getting a frame rate of about 3fps, stuttering audio and well...completely useless, gui sounds are there so no audio problems per se, but somethings not right, any ideas?

Thanks, have tried messing around with xorg.conf to no avail.
Something updated and now XBMC wont load at all... It asked me to log in so logged into xbmc and now i see a blank screen with a mouse cursor.. any ideas?
how do i upgrade to the latest nightly, I am using openelec builds on my main machines which moved to db version 67 and use xbmcbuntu on my esxi server as a server like setup where is updates my library from couchpotato and sickbeard since my openelec machines aren't on 24/7. I want to move my xbmcbuntu VM to db version 67 which should be the latest nightly. any help would be great.

@Numus:
Update again, please! One version did not go that fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Installed this on 3 machines today - Acer R3700's. Everything runs great... but

I've configured everything I usually use on first boot -

Screen Calibration
Skin Shortcuts
Audio Config

All worked great except when I rebooted, I needed to reset them all again...
These were installed within the last hour using XBMCBuntu v11 ISO and upgrading using the PPA

It feels like it might be a permissions issue perhaps not saving to the config?
Any updates pending that may fix?
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Says 0 Updates available... When i reboot, just keeps going to a black screen with a mouse cursor.
I uninstalled xbmc and xbmc-live and reinstalled it.. it says Unpacking xbmc (from .../xbmc_2%3a12.0~git20120709.1201-c6fc742-0oneiric_all.deb) ...
isn't that the incorrect version?

even more strange.. it claims i am on ubuntu 11.10 even after the dist-upgrade... any idea?
Okay, than you are not affected by the problem i first thought. Some other user action broke your system :-) If you reflect a little bit - any changes you made?

Your installed version is the last one we marked stable and therefore moved it into xbmc-xvba - so everything fine concerning this part. Try to check the logfiles Xorg.0.log, ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log and so on.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release1