Photos of my rebuilt Ubuntu Server/NAS
If your like me (or like GortWillSaveUs, I'll put money on he reads this thread after seeing the word photos in the title) you like seeing photos of other people builds. So after moving my server to a new case, Fractal Designs Define XL USB3.0 (picked up on ebay as new but taken out of box £60Big Grin), I thought I would take the opportunity to get some photos. Enjoy

I use this server for the following:
  • NAS - running NFS and SMB
  • TV server - running VDR
  • Music Server - running subsonic
  • VPN server - running OpenVPN
  • Web Server - Running Apache
  • Ubuntu machine for compiling OpenElec

9 x 3.5" on show and 1 SSD bottom left for the OS.

Its a fairly old motherboard/CPU now, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb RAM

L4M-Twin S2 v6.2 dual DVB-S2 tuner in the bottom PCIe1 slot and a Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I SAS card in the top PCIex16 slot. You can see my DIY attempt at making a bracket for this, it came with a UIO bracket (reverse of a normal bracket), I had to use motherboard spacer to pack it out.

Continues into next post....
Front view of the case

StarTech HSB430SATBK - 4 Drive 3.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile Rack Backplane and a DVD drive which I have never used, but is better housed in my server then in a draw.

4 more hard drives (14 in total):

View of the back panel, shows the dual DVB-S2 f connectors and the fan controller underneath. Also shows how basic my motherboard is (lack of rear panel connectors), wish it had onboard graphics.

Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Very nice.... love the photos... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Photos of my rebuilt Ubuntu Server/NAS0