Music Library ~ Dharma's Big Alaska FTW
For some music peeps, "Genre" trumps "Artist".
No Genre Art?
No ability to steer from "Artist" as a Library default?

****Scoreboard Big Alaska!****
You mean you want to set the default when clicking on the main Music menu to go to something other than Artists, yes?

That could be done.. I'll add it to my todo list Smile
(2012-06-19, 02:55)jingai Wrote: You mean you want to set the default when clicking on the main Music menu to go to something other than Artists, yes?

J, hope you are doing well. Yes that would be nice. Also it would be nice to have a "minimalist" screen for song playback.

Basically the song-info-bar is halved and time/weather is included (if possible). You can keep what you have now and just have this as an minimalist song option in Skin settings.

TIA
That certainly could be done, but it will be a while before I can personally get to it. Probably a month or so.
j, thx that would be fine. Not a real biggie Smile
I don't think there would be room for the clock and weather widget, but definitely I would have to sacrifice the album art (and probably put the Artist label in its place). Is this what you're looking for?
How about something like this:

Change has been pushed up. When Metropolis is updated in the passion repo (assuming you're using it), you'll see a new option in Settings->Metropolis->Music Settings called "Visualization: Use Slim Info Overlay".
oh yeah real nice, great job Smile
j, hope you are doing well. Would it be difficult to add a time-length indicator to the new slim screen?
Perhaps next to the status bar. Everything else looks satisfactory Smile

ps. I noticed on the shutdown screen for Metropolis (GIT) I'm able to arrow-up thru the selections... but not arrow-down thru them.

(2012-07-05, 18:34)Bunto Skiffler Wrote: j, hope you are doing well. Would it be difficult to add a time-length indicator to the new slim screen?

Just implemented this. You'll see it soon. I made it an option, so you'll have to enable it to get it to show.

(2012-07-05, 18:34)Bunto Skiffler Wrote: ps. I noticed on the shutdown screen for Metropolis (GIT) I'm able to arrow-up thru the selections... but not arrow-down thru them.

This has also been fixed.
J,greetings again and hope all is well. Thanks for the new work and I think the slim info screen is almost there. Just two more tweaks:

1. When the visualizations go close to a white balance, the info-region gets washed out because it doesn't have a background to contrast the type (trapping). Now in the example I made here the background for the info-region is just a basic place-holder, I've seen better ideas.

2. I think the time indicator should be a countdown, instead of a count-up. That way you can tell how long the file is in total.

Thanks for the tinkering Smile

(2012-07-22, 21:25)Bunto Skiffler Wrote: 1. When the visualizations go close to a white balance, the info-region gets washed out because it doesn't have a background to contrast the type (trapping). Now in the example I made here the background for the info-region is just a basic place-holder, I've seen better ideas.

I'll add a diffuse black background for it.

(2012-07-22, 21:25)Bunto Skiffler Wrote: 2. I think the time indicator should be a countdown, instead of a count-up. That way you can tell how long the file is in total.

I do too, but it the info label for time remaining doesn't work (it shows time remaining in the album associated with the currently playing song, not the song itself). I'm running Frodo nightlies, so it's possible it's just a current bug. I'll revisit this later though.
J, heh Smile

I hope you'll understand, I just listen to an audiobook almost everyday and enjoy all the work you've done on this so far.
The problem with that is leaving enough space for the artist and album name on one line. It looks fine for the particular album you chose, but what if the artist name was significantly longer?

Honestly, I'm thinking that if you want all of the information, it's probably best to use the original info view instead of the slim one, since it provides everything you're asking for already..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library ~ Dharma's Big Alaska FTW0