Asus C60M1 - Fanless Build
(2012-08-20, 20:00)Djfalconer Wrote: Read the thread and you'll see that DVI can't carry sound.

For the Official DVI that is correct.

But back in the Days of my Radeon 4850 Ati included a Special DVI -> HDMI Adapter that allowed you to use sound by using unused pins on the dvi connector for sound.
(2012-08-19, 13:33)pszab Wrote: 1, Has anyone tried to send sounds through the dvi yet?
2, Is there any video/audio format (settings) which cannot be handled smoothly by the c60 or strong enought to play everything?

Hello, fist time posting here.

For the first question, I tried and no, it can't send audio through the DVI out, I know that the official DVI can't send audio, but my GeForce 9800GT included an spdif input in the board that could be conected to the spdif out of the MoBo or Sound card and sent the audio through the DVI port with the HDMI adapter to my TV.

For the second one, with OpenELEC 2.0 beta6 everything I have tried worked, except Hi10 H.264 videos, those froze the computer, I had to press the reset button. I understand that there is still no official support as version 11.0, but there will be for version 12.0, I wonder if the CPU is enough or there will be hardware support for those.

I'm doing some reading about Hi10 support right now.

Edit:
For Hi10 support this may be of help:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1154229
(2012-06-27, 05:06)jangjong Wrote: DVI is only for video so if you use DVI to HDMI converter, the hdmi won't have audio.
This is not entirely correct. Certain video card (SPDIF Cable) and DVI to HDMI cable (DVI to HDMI Cable 6ft Male-Male), it can carry both audio/video......I used DVI to HDMI for video/audio in my previous HTPC, and it worked great......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I tried the Frodo nightly build of OpenELEC that found on my previous post, it works!

It can play a 1080p Hi10 H.264 video, but the video frame rate is low, with a 60-70% CPU use, same but a bit faster with 720p.
Were you able to send audio via the dvi-hdmi adapter with c60? Or what works?
Has the Hi10 problem solved yet?
i dont know if someone already asked you but were you able to fit the C60M1-I in the M350 case with the bracket for the SSD or did you just used double sided velcro?

Please send me a PM or you can answer to my quetion directly on my email :[email protected]

Thank you

P-Y
(2012-11-05, 21:01)pszab Wrote: Were you able to send audio via the dvi-hdmi adapter with c60? Or what works?
Has the Hi10 problem solved yet?

No, sorry, seems that the integrated audio chip used in the c60 doesn't support digital audio out. the best option would be to add a PCI-E soundcard with digital audio out,
I haven't tried recent builds of openelec in this MoBo, (too much work at the office) but was thinking on using it for a NAS. I think it can handle 1080p@Hi10, since I didn't have any problems with the Gigabyte GA-E350, it works smoothly and has HDMI audio and spdif out (but needs a bracket).

I'll try again this week if it can play 1080p smoothly, I have the spare parts to do it lying around.
How has this worked out for 1080p? I am considering buying the motherboard. Have you had problems with any particular types of content?
Regarding the lack of HDMI, wouldn't it be worth adding a cheap graphics card?

Point of View NVIDIA GT 620 Passive Cooled Graphics Card - 1GB
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-point...dl-dvi-i-p

though that is likely to change it from very very low power. to very low power Wink
max 49W :-D
Hello everyone,

I am a new user to XBMC and am trying to get it running on a C60.M1 board that I have.

The picture is good and the responsiveness is acceptable but I am not getting any audio.

Is there anything you had to do to get audio working or is it possible that its an issue with the current OpenElec build that I am using?

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus C60M1 - Fanless Build2