• 192(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4
(2013-01-07, 14:03)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 13:53)adelphia Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 05:19)rhmclay Wrote: Well, if you do it that way the kids tv and movies would be right, but wouldn't the main (adult) movies and tv still point to all?

Depends how you go about doing it. If you just want to have a menu for "Kids" so the kids can watch what they want without having to go through all the other movies, then this is simple and you just create a single smart playlist. If you want to have a menu for "Kids" and a menu for "Adults" then you just create two seperate smart playlists and "hide" the default Videos/Movies menu. All you need to do is to have your folders setup correctly, one for "Kids", one for "Adults" and then specify the playlists to include everything in "Adult" for the "Adult" menu and "Kids" for the "Kids" menu. You could leave the default Videos/Movies menu active of course, which would show you a list of everything.

Or if you haven't organised your library in this manner you could use "Tags" to create a collection for Kids Movies and add it to your Home Menu and then for the main movie library use the advanced filter to filter out the kids movies.

From reading the Wiki, tags look like they would be a good option too if you are using Frodo. You would just have to tag each new child's movie or show that you entered into the library.

Would it not also be possible to add a specific tab as a favourite, and then add that favourite to your home screen? That way you would not have to set up a playlist for the tag? This may of been what meant, I haven't used tags as yet so I could be way off base.

I think I will find it easier to keep the content in different folders and use smart playlists for now though.

(2013-01-07, 09:30)Skank Wrote: Allinone script isnt supported anymore ! you dont need it anymore !

Then how do you enable the 'recently added' pop up in the main menu? The pop up appears, but has no movies/tv shows (only the empty background is visible). If i install Allinone (frodo), the pop up works again but somehow it crashes my subtitle addon so i can't use it.

Another question: does anyone know if it's possible to make the 'MOVIES' button in the main menu jump to my uPnP shared movies? It currently keeps asking to 'set content' via videos, but you can't set a uPnP shared folder as a movie source.
(2013-01-07, 18:53)painy Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 09:30)Skank Wrote: Allinone script isnt supported anymore ! you dont need it anymore !

Then how do you enable the 'recently added' pop up in the main menu? The pop up appears, but has no movies/tv shows (only the empty background is visible). If i install Allinone (frodo), the pop up works again but somehow it crashes my subtitle addon so i can't use it.

Another question: does anyone know if it's possible to make the 'MOVIES' button in the main menu jump to my uPnP shared movies? It currently keeps asking to 'set content' via videos, but you can't set a uPnP shared folder as a movie source.

By uPnP do you mean like a NAS? If so, you can add it as a source, just look for SMB in your source list. You may have to go to the parent/root folder first. My "Movies" button jumps to my movie list which originally I had on a NAS (and worked then too) but now I have them locally in a 4 drive USB3 caddy - so much easier and no network throttling.
(2013-01-07, 17:48)Samu-rai Wrote: From reading the Wiki, tags look like they would be a good option too if you are using Frodo. You would just have to tag each new child's movie or show that you entered into the library.

Would it not also be possible to add a specific tab as a favourite, and then add that favourite to your home screen? That way you would not have to set up a playlist for the tag? This may of been what meant, I haven't used tags as yet so I could be way off base.

I think I will find it easier to keep the content in different folders and use smart playlists for now though.

I think doing things that way you wouldn;t get automatic updates each time you add a movie as I think favourties are added on a "per movie" basis where a smart playlist needs no attention once created as it's "monitored" on each library update.
(2013-01-07, 21:02)adelphia Wrote:

By uPnP do you mean like a NAS? If so, you can add it as a source, just look for SMB in your source list. You may have to go to the parent/root folder first. My "Movies" button jumps to my movie list which originally I had on a NAS (and worked then too) but now I have them locally in a 4 drive USB3 caddy - so much easier and no network throttling.
(2013-01-07, 17:48)Samu-rai Wrote: From reading the Wiki, tags look like they would be a good option too if you are using Frodo. You would just have to tag each new child's movie or show that you entered into the library.

I think doing things that way you wouldn;t get automatic updates each time you add a movie as I think favourties are added on a "per movie" basis where a smart playlist needs no attention once created as it's "monitored" on each library update.

UpNp is a different networking protocol to samba and much more difficult to get to connect with xbmc.

If you search the forums for it I'm sure some of the developers may have helped people in the past.

I was thinking you could add the tag as a favourite and then that should auto update when you tag a new movie.
I guess I'll find out if I play around with them.

If you're using 1.8.0 you will need the allinone script. If you're using anything later like 2.1.0 it is unnecessary. I believe it will then use skin widgets.
Case: Thermaltake DH 101
CPU: Intel i5-8600K 3.6GHz, Intel UHD Graphics 630
Memory: 16Gs RAM
Storage: 80G SSD Boot Drive w/ 25TB of Storage
Display: 60" Samsung LED KS8000
AV Reciever: Onkyo TX-NR656
(2013-01-07, 17:48)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 14:03)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 13:53)adelphia Wrote: Depends how you go about doing it. If you just want to have a menu for "Kids" so the kids can watch what they want without having to go through all the other movies, then this is simple and you just create a single smart playlist. If you want to have a menu for "Kids" and a menu for "Adults" then you just create two seperate smart playlists and "hide" the default Videos/Movies menu. All you need to do is to have your folders setup correctly, one for "Kids", one for "Adults" and then specify the playlists to include everything in "Adult" for the "Adult" menu and "Kids" for the "Kids" menu. You could leave the default Videos/Movies menu active of course, which would show you a list of everything.

Or if you haven't organised your library in this manner you could use "Tags" to create a collection for Kids Movies and add it to your Home Menu and then for the main movie library use the advanced filter to filter out the kids movies.

From reading the Wiki, tags look like they would be a good option too if you are using Frodo. You would just have to tag each new child's movie or show that you entered into the library.

Apologies, yes Tags is a new feature only available in Frodo.

To create Tags you simply access it from Videos/Movies/Tags as its a video node just like Sets, Genres, Years etc

It's straightforward to create a tag and add/remove movies from it.

You can either add a Tag to a favourite or create a smart playlist where the rule matches Tags and then add them to your home menu. Tags offer flexibility and control as you decide which movies to add to the tag without having to create .nfo files.

So you can create a Tag for Kids Movies, your spouses's favourites, your favourites etc
Quote:Apologies, yes Tags is a new feature only available in Frodo.

To create Tags you simply access it from Videos/Movies/Tags as its a video node just like Sets, Genres, Years etc

You can either add a Tag to a favourite or create a smart playlist where the rule matches Tags and then add them to your home menu. Tags offer flexibility and control as you decide which movies to add to the tag without having to create .nfo files.

So you can create a Tag for Kids Movies, your spouses's favourites, your favourites etc

I ended up making separate login's for kids and for parents. I started out using smart playlists to separate them but was always annoyed that the 'recently added' section would still include both. Also things like fanart screensavers or 'multiple backdrop' type menu items that I like to use would show adult movies in with the kids stuff which is a no go for me. I believe this all happens because they're all still set as the 'movies' type in the 'set content' area.

What we really need is the option to add more content types. If I could make a custom content type called kids that still uses everything else from movies (imdb scraper etc.) but is separate from non-kid movies I'd be set. I have everything in seperate folders already on 3 different drives (kids movies, kids tv, movies, tv etc.) so I set content per source.

If the recently added function has changed in newer versions of XBMC to include only items in a smart playlist menu item then perhaps I need to look at that option again.
so what is recommended for rc3. 1.8 or 2.1?
(2013-01-08, 15:21)Fatz Wrote:

I ended up making separate login's for kids and for parents. I started out using smart playlists to separate them but was always annoyed that the 'recently added' section would still include both. Also things like fanart screensavers or 'multiple backdrop' type menu items that I like to use would show adult movies in with the kids stuff which is a no go for me. I believe this all happens because they're all still set as the 'movies' type in the 'set content' area.

What we really need is the option to add more content types. If I could make a custom content type called kids that still uses everything else from movies (imdb scraper etc.) but is separate from non-kid movies I'd be set. I have everything in seperate folders already on 3 different drives (kids movies, kids tv, movies, tv etc.) so I set content per source.

If the recently added function has changed in newer versions of XBMC to include only items in a smart playlist menu item then perhaps I need to look at that option again.

On my setup the recently added related to that specific playlist. So it may have changed since you last tried
I did ask last week but don't think there was any feedback.

Has anyone managed to get season fanart working with Frodo? I changed the naming conventions as per the Frodo FAQ but still no joy.

Would appreciate some guidance from anyone who's sorted this post Eden.
(2013-01-08, 15:21)Fatz Wrote:

This is possible in Frodo by creating custom video nodes. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes
How I can for one movie download extrafanart, extrathumbs, logo, banner, ...
When I run Artwork downloader, he download for all movies,
When I start through the GUI mode he download only fanart.jpg or poster.jpg, do not make me dir <extrafanart> or <extrathumbs>.
Sorry for my english !
(2013-01-09, 01:38)artur72 Wrote: How I can for one movie download extrafanart, extrathumbs, logo, banner, ...
When I start through the GUI mode he download only fanart.jpg or poster.jpg, do not make me dir <extrafanart> or <extrathumbs>.
Sorry for my english !

Look at the movie "information" and then select "Get Fanart" or "Reload" whilst viewing the movie information.
(2013-01-09, 03:38)adelphia Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 01:38)artur72 Wrote: How I can for one movie download extrafanart, extrathumbs, logo, banner, ...
Sorry for my english !

Look at the movie "information" and then select "Get Fanart" or "Reload" whilst viewing the movie information.

It is clear, so get one fanart, I need to get Extrafanart and Extrathumbs for selected movie.
Thank you for time.
Is there any issues with using this skin with Next Aired add on...

It seems Logo and Banner view does not work. Only thumbs work and it seems to load the thumbs in banner mode so they're 'squished'. Aeon's default view is Banners which wont change and i'm unable to update/download. When I try downloading through artwork downloader it always shows "0 Downloads". it goes through the motion of updating but does nothing to update them or add them
  • 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 456