Crash after watching video
I'm getting a crash to ATV main menu after watching a video - it doesn't occur every time so it seems to be intermittent.

XBMC is using a MySQL database for video and music libraries, and NFS path substitution for thumbnails (read/write). All sources are read-only NFS shares.
Confluence Skin, Movies and TV Shows have "Recently Added" thumbnails above main menu bar.

The info:

Platform: Apple TV 2nd Generation
Software: 5.0.1 (build 9A406a), ATV software 4.4.4
XBMC build: 11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09, Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 5.0.1 (Build 9A406a)). Built on Mar 21 2012
Install method: As per wiki, apt-get then dpkg
Debug log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4463
Syslog: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4464
CrashReporter: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4465

Steps to reproduce:
Play a video. Let it run to the end or press stop. Crash! (maybe, not every time)
Not sure, so a dev or someone more knowledgeable than I will have to help you, but I wanted to say that this is a great example of a good bug report. Having everything provided like this, right off the bat, really makes our jobs easier. Thank you!
Yeah nice report Smile. I'm pretty sure i have fixed this issue after Eden. At least i hope so. For a workaround. Try to move your xbmc/ folder into the fileserver folder. The goal is that xbmc only works with one nfs export (atm you have the export/share called "xbmc" with your thumbs - and a second export/share fileserver with your media).

If you get such a setup - the crash should vanish with Eden.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thumbs Up 
Thanks XBMC team! I was prepared to debug on my other ATV (iOS 5.1.1/ATV 5.0.1) if required.

A little bit more about my setup - the /xbmc share is on the root drive of a Solaris VM, while the /fileserver share is an 8-disk RAIDZ2 on a SAS controller passed through to the VM using VMDirectPath. This allows the disks to spin down when idle while allowing thumbs/fanart etc. to still be accessible. The array only spins up when accessing media.

I've actually got four NFS shares configured (as they are all separate ZFS filesystems)
- /xbmc
- /fileserver/movies
- /fileserver/Albums
- /fileserver/tv

Good to hear this is fixed in post-Eden (in the nightlies?). Also, is the bug specific to iOS/ATV or is it a general XBMC bug? I'm considering going down the Allwinner A10 path (Mele A1000), but I guess by the time that XBMC/OpenELEC is available for it we'll be on Frodo and the bug will be long squashed Smile

Its a general XBMC bug not platform related. And yes it should be fixed in nightlies and frodo alphas.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Speedst3r,

Have you tried it with the latest nightly? Did it solve your problem?

I have the same setup and the same crash problem.Confused

No sorry, I moved on from the Apple TV to the Pivos XIOS DS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash after watching video0