Best HDMI card for hires audio
I'm building up an XBMC box and I'm trying to find the right video card with HDMI out. I'm mainly going to use this box for 192/24 and 96/24 FLAC files, so being able to output 192khz is importnant to me. RIght now I'm planning on using a small form factor dell box, so low profile cards would be nice. I can always change direction and go with a larger case if needed, but would prefer not. I'm basically looking for the least expensive, smallest, lowest power consumption card with HDMI out and 192khz multichannel support. That narrows it down right? Wink It seems that folks like the Nvidia Zotac cards, but the model that was recommended is no longer available. Finding spec sheets that specifically say they support 192khz is also difficult. Help please! Thanks.
1) go nvidia
2) i'm almost 100% sure my nvidia g210 does 192kHz 7.1LPCM, so anything after that should be ok.

Hopefully someone who uses xbmc for music (i only use video playback) can put in their experiences.
gt520 if not playing live tv

gt430 for everything
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Any particular brand?
Whatever is on sale that fits your needs really. No need to be picky these days
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Any opinions on an Asus card? ENGT430/DI/1GD3
Yeh I have it, works great with AE and on with livetv. not to noisey either
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Awesome. Ordered one from Amazon. Might need to swap my hard drive for a laptop SSD, pretty tight fit between the video card and drive bay in the Dell SFF case I'm using. Appreciate the opinions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best HDMI card for hires audio0