Strange Samba issue
Hi

I have a strange problem which I think is probably a macports/samba issue but I'll start here first. The problem seems to be caused when the file creation/modification time on the current folder being listed is 4pm-11pm GMT. When it is, it seems to drop the first character of every other file in the file list and also shows the current directory as a child of itself (IE a recursive loop). This only appears to happen when the file list returns ASCII filenames (rather than UNICODE). The NAS box I have returns the filenames in ASCII. Other versions (windows/linux/xbox1) of XBMC work fine with this NAS drive. If I change the creation/modification time of the "corrupt" folder to be say 2pm, everything works as it should. I have captured wireshark packets with both good and corrupt versions, but have also managed to reproduce usings windows 98 (as it returns file lists in non-unicode format too).

To reproduce using windows 98
Use your favourite VM app and create a windows 98 machine. Create a folder and share it and then create two more folders in that folder (call them "good" and "bad"). Set your timezone to GMT and the time to 2AM. Create two folders in the "good" folder called "test1" and "test2". Change your time to 8PM. Create two folders in the "bad" folder called "test1" and "test2". Now browse to each folder using the ATV2. You should see that the folders in "good" are right whereas the folders in "bad" aren't quite right, and "bad" is showing as a subfolder of itself.

Relevant info:
XBMC (11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09), Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 5.0.1 (Build 9A406a)). Built on Mar 21 2012
Installed via apt-get

XMBC.log http://pastebin.com/x4B1zyiH
10:33:37 shows the directory listing when the creation/modification time is set to 2pm
10:35:36 shows the directory listing when the creation/modification time is set to 6pm

What version of libsmbclient is the ATV2 using? I don't have a mac dev environment so I've been trying to go through the build scripts but it's not that obvious. Does anyone have the latest libsmbclient compiled that I could try out?

Thanks
JC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Samba issue0