Linux [SOLVED] Keyboard.xml
HI,

New user to openelec and need help setting up this RF remote.

www.dealextreme.com/p/mele-f10-fly-mouse...control-black-128312

It works straight out of the box, at least the keyboard part of it and most of the front controls, including direction pad and volume up down mute etc.

Now I'm trying to configure few of the keys to Play, Pause, Info, etc on the front side but having no luck.

I've SSH to the box and run irw but getting no response. Is it because this is treated as a usb keyboard and mouse and not a remote? Should I need to configure the keyboard.xml or keypad.xml

Not sure how to proceed. Just need to remap a few keys and I'll be set.

Have posted this in openelec forum but not gettting much attention. I've got a Win 7 desktop where I can detect the keypress. If I set it up with Win can I use the same xml file with openelec?

If yes, what would be the best default keyboard.xml file to use?

TIA
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Can you repost the full URL for the remote? The link above doesn't work.
Thanks,

I've had this issue with posting links from dealextreme. It's a Mele F10 Fly Mouse.

(http://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=...66&bih=653)

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mele-f10-fl...ack-128312
Try enabling debugging in XBMC and then press each of the keys you want to map. Make a note of the time and sequence in which you pressed each of the keys. Examine your xbmc.log file and, using your notes to correlate the times and keystrokes, look for statements such as the following:
Code:
17:07:23 T:11982976   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 72, sym: 0113, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
17:07:23 T:11982976   DEBUG: OnKey: right (f083) pressed, action is Right
The value next to "OnKey" ("right", in this example) is the name of XBMC key that was pressed and this is what you will use to (re)map that key to an XBMC action in your keyboard.xml. If the keystrokes don't show up in xbmc.log, then you may need to use LIRC or some other means to enable your remote control.
Thanks mate,

Do I have to add just the keys I want to modify in keyboard.xml or do I need to list all the keys, even the ones that work correctly?

Would LIRC work as this is an RF usb keyboard/mouse and not an IR remote?
(2012-07-10, 05:29)oztraze Wrote: Do I have to add just the keys I want to modify in keyboard.xml or do I need to list all the keys, even the ones that work correctly?
Your ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml file only needs to contain your override mappings. The rest will come from the default /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml. Some people prefer copying the entire keyboard.xml file to their userdata/keymaps folder and then adding their overrides to the extant file copy -- this way, all keyboard mappings are in one place. I prefer just having my overrides in userdata/keymaps so that I don't have to wade through all the chaff to see my custom mappings.
Quote:Would LIRC work as this is an RF usb keyboard/mouse and not an IR remote?
The product description refers to both "2.4GHz wireless frequency" and "IR remote range: 10 meters (33 feet)", so I'm assuming the keyboard side uses RF and the remote control side uses IR.

Tx mate.

(2012-07-10, 05:06)artrafael Wrote: Try enabling debugging in XBMC and then press each of the keys you want to map. Make a note of the time and sequence in which you pressed each of the keys. Examine your xbmc.log file and, using your notes to correlate the times and keystrokes, look for statements such as the following:

Tried the above and cannot find anything similar in the log file.

(2012-07-10, 06:18)artrafael Wrote: The product description refers to both "2.4GHz wireless frequency" and "IR remote range: 10 meters (33 feet)", so I'm assuming the keyboard side uses RF and the remote control side uses IR.

Don't have an IR receiver. Buttons on both side work with RF. eg. volume control and direction pad.

Am stuck now and don't know how to proceed.
Finally managed to get it working.

Set it up in Wwindows using KeyMapEdit and ShowKey and then copied the changes over. Worked a charm.

Tx All.
Great! Glad you got it sorted out.
Can you post your Keymaps?
I have a problem with the central and back button.
They only work as left and right mouse click.
How can i change it to back and menu button?

Thanks
I have two of these remotes now and you can not (to my knowledge) reprogram the center and back buttons. I have also been unable to reprogram the one IR button on the remote (the power button at the top left of the remote side).

Anyone figure out how to reprogram the power button?

I just set it up using event ghost. Works pretty good so far. Battery is awesome (charge it once every 2-3 months).

I like that it has a full keyboard, air mouse, and standard remote buttons all in one small package. And its only $35!
(2012-07-10, 12:47)oztraze Wrote: Finally managed to get it working.

Set it up in Wwindows using KeyMapEdit and ShowKey and then copied the changes over. Worked a charm.

Tx All.

Please, Can you post your Keymaps?
I've just ordered Mele F10 Fly Mouse!!

Thanks!!
Hi
I got my mele F10 today but i don’t get the buttons to the left of the mute button to function. When I press any of these buttons in showKey it does not register any key press.

Have anyone else had any luck getting these buttons to function?
I am having the same issue as Jimmie.
Using tail -f on the xbmc.log doesn't show anything either.
Does anybody have any idea?
Could anyone post a tweaked keyboard.xml? Thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Keyboard.xml0