Season Fanart not working
Hey

I am having trouble getting season fan art working in aon nox 3.01. I use ember to scrape the can art then i manaul place it in the root directory with the naming convention season1-fanart.jpg season2-fanart.jpg and so forth.

So.

ManMen

Season 1
Season 2
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
season2-fanart.jpg

What am i doing wrong is there a section i have to enable to allow for this to work and if so where is it ?
Make sure you don't have any fanart jpg's in your season's directories.
(2012-07-15, 14:40)dildotron2000 Wrote: Hey

I am having trouble getting season fan art working in aon nox 3.01. I use ember to scrape the can art then i manaul place it in the root directory with the naming convention season1-fanart.jpg season2-fanart.jpg and so forth.

So.

ManMen

Season 1
Season 2
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
season2-fanart.jpg

What am i doing wrong is there a section i have to enable to allow for this to work and if so where is it ?

Are you sure you have activated the "Season Fanart" option? Press UP -> Viewtype settings -> Fanart -> Season Fanart.

Also, one thing I've noticed is that if I set a season fanart, and then delete it from my computer, or try to exchange it with a different one, XBMC keeps using the first one. Even removing and re-adding the show didn't work Might have to delete a .db, probably Textures6.db, I don't know much about that.

P.S.: Please don't read too much into the fact that a user named "CutSickAss" is responding to a user named "dildotron2000"!
(2012-07-15, 14:40)dildotron2000 Wrote: Hey

So.

ManMen

Season 1
Season 2
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
season2-fanart.jpg

Why are you having ember scrape it and then moving it? Why not leave it where ember puts it?

Leaving it where ember puts it should work fine...
(2012-07-18, 04:36)fional Wrote: Why are you having ember scrape it and then moving it? Why not leave it where ember puts it?

I'm pretty sure I read something where BigNoid said AeonNox used seasonXX-farnart.jpg in the root tv show directory.
(2012-07-18, 11:50)Miyas Wrote:
(2012-07-18, 04:36)fional Wrote: Why are you having ember scrape it and then moving it? Why not leave it where ember puts it?

I'm pretty sure I read something where BigNoid said AeonNox used seasonXX-farnart.jpg in the root tv show directory.

I don't know the context of that, but I can tell you that letting Ember keep things where it is works nicely.

My season01-fanart.jpg is located inside the Season 01 directory, and so forth.
(2012-07-15, 14:40)dildotron2000 Wrote: season2-fanart.jpg

I had similar problems with season fanarts.
Try renaming it to season02-fanart.jpg (seasonXX-farnart.jpg).
(2012-07-16, 16:21)CutSickAss Wrote: Also, one thing I've noticed is that if I set a season fanart, and then delete it from my computer, or try to exchange it with a different one, XBMC keeps using the first one. Even removing and re-adding the show didn't work Might have to delete a .db, probably Textures6.db, I don't know much about that.

I experienced this yesterday.
I was able to display to the new fanarts/posters by :
- removing the show from xbmc
- cleaning the video database
- updating the video database

It seems that the cleaning is mandatory.
(2012-07-19, 09:28)Miyas Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 16:21)CutSickAss Wrote: Also, one thing I've noticed is that if I set a season fanart, and then delete it from my computer, or try to exchange it with a different one, XBMC keeps using the first one. Even removing and re-adding the show didn't work Might have to delete a .db, probably Textures6.db, I don't know much about that.

I experienced this yesterday.
I was able to display to the new fanarts/posters by :
- removing the show from xbmc
- cleaning the video database
- updating the video database

It seems that the cleaning is mandatory.

I think that has to do with how things are cached presently. Another option is to edit the db manually and remove the link to that thumb. I believe I read that the Frodo will have an improved system.

I'm having this problem as well. My season fanarts used to work perfectly but now only show the all seasons fanart.

I use ember to scrape my tv shows and leave the settings as is. When I view the shows in ember, the season fanarts are all individually set.

I tried the above suggestion of removing the show, cleaning and updating but it didn't work.

Any other ideas? Has the file/folder structure changed for aeon nox or xbmc with the new versions?
Interesting Im having this problem too also in another skin too

What i came across tho was that if the Season folder was Season.01 it wouldnt load the season fanart but, if it was season 1 it would.
My season folders are labelled "Season X".
Just to be clear that the problem is not in my file naming/folder structure (which would be odd because it used to work fine), can someone please clarify the recommended file naming and location for Aeon Nox TV Season fanart?

I currently have this:

TV Show
....- Season 1
........- fanart.jpg
....- Season 2
........- fanart.jpg
etc...

season1-banner
season1-landscape
season1-poster
season2-banner
season2-landscape
season2-poster

All found in the "TV Show" folder.
(2012-10-26, 19:17)Vaikin Wrote: season1-banner
season1-landscape
season1-poster
season2-banner
season2-landscape
season2-poster

All found in the "TV Show" folder.

Thanks. And which one represents the fanart? Landscape?

Just to be clear for others using Ember media manager, the suggestion above is very different to the Ember settings for XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Season Fanart not working 0