Win Incorrect Movies added
Hello all,

just installed XMBC Eden first time. A few little adjustments and it's working fine except for a few issues...

When I first installed XBMC I set the root of the nas drive F: as my movies source, but this included a host of 'shorts' (joke files, ads etc.) that I didn't want. So I deleted that source and set the individual folders F:\Documentaries, F;\Features etc as the sources.

Works fine BUT a few odd shorts keep re-appearing after deletion. I delete them, and on next start up there they are again! Their folder is no longer a source. Puzzling!! I have tried 'clean library' to no avail. They are mis-identified as various movies, but with a length of 1 min.

What can I do, short of a reinstall?

Marvin55
When you removed the source, XBMC should have asked if you wanted to remove the items from the library. Did you say yes? In your userdata folder find the sources.xml file. Open it in a text editor and see for sure if there is no source in that list that may contain those files.
(2012-07-16, 16:40)kricker Wrote: When you removed the source, XBMC should have asked if you wanted to remove the items from the library. Did you say yes?

I don't honestly recall. I think I left all the items in the library, intending to remove the ones I didn't want individually.

Quote: In your userdata folder find the sources.xml file. Open it in a text editor and see for sure if there is no source in that list that may contain those files.

Sources.xml is in good order, listing the individual folders only.

This only relates to a few files, maybe 5, from a possible 200 or so.
The reason is that the content the library scans is stored in the database. If you don't remember to tell it to remove files from that source when you remove the source, they'll hang around if the files still exist.

Simple fix is to re-add the source, set content on it (content should already be set) then remove it again, and answer YES to remove existing content.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrect Movies added0