Upnp not working with large library?
Hi,

So I've set up upnp and created a few shares in xbmc.

TV library, all works well albeit a tad slow.
Music library, all works well albeit a tad slow
Movie library won't load (it's a large directory)

So I created a fake "large" directory and tried to connect to it, after 15 minutes of searching the xbmc client displayed a bank screen... So I deleted half the folders in the fake directory on the xbmc server and waited apx another 10 minutes for it to search ... it worked... So i then restored the deleted files, rescanned the library... And after 15 minutes of waiting the xbmc client displays an empty directory?

Does having an xbmc server with "share files/library via upnp" enabled...
And a large directory...
And an xbmc client in another room

Have issues with large library's?

Xbmc 11
Windows 7
Wired network
Revo 3610

if I go to the same library and select "genre" rather than title (which limits the amount of results) the directors seem to return results... But if I search by title (all movies) it displays nothing...

So results are returned, but only when the amount is few.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Pat~
As an update,
I've jut tried this on my iPad too and the same thing is occurring? Xbmc will display upnp library's that are small, but it seems to give up if the library is too large?

I can view my tv series on iPad but my movie directory is empty unless I select genre or year etc where upon the returned results are smaller?

Anything that requires a large returned results is failing?

I am using xbmc 11 on windows 7.
Hard wired laptop (wifi iPad obviously)
Using xbmc as a server by enabling upnp share
Using xbmc as a client by adding upnp source
Also using iPad apps air player/buzz player/media:connect as clients all of which omit the same results and behaviour?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I can recreate this on a iPad / non JB iPhone 4 running all of the above apps plus a hard wired laptop running xbmc 11?

Cheers,
Pat~

hey mate, im having the exact same issue except im using xbmcbuntu as my main media comp and a windows version of xbmc running on XP SP3 to try to view the media list, i also have a large library and it works if i use the genre or any other options such as director etc...

kinda sucks because i wish to search for movies to dl that i may or may not have....

if you or anyone else reading this has found a fix let me know.

Yea that's exactly as mine is performing?

It's 100% an xbmc upnp issue as I have since changed my upnp server and all is well, downside is my media is no longer served via xbmc.

I'm unsure what causes the issue, time out perhaps? But either way, xbmc to xbmc via upnp is restricted to small library's or small returned results only for me on xbmc 11.

Can any of the devs shed light on this?
any luck yet?
bump

please dont make me switch to media portal, surely this is an easy problem for someone with some xbmcbuntu flare.
The current upnp server inside of XBMC does have a limit, IIRC. A new UPnP server is in the works for XBMC.
thanks Ned Scott Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upnp not working with large library?0