Acer Aspire Revo RL70 Nettop Advice or Alternatives
hi guys in process of installing this Installing OpenELEC on HTPCs Part 2 for all OS - OpenELEC Wiki
at the first step it says . Start the computer and make sure it boots from the USB key - you may need to change a setting in the BIOS or simply press F8 or F11 on boot, but that depends on your computer.
what do i need to press on the RL70 on boot?
or how do i change the settings in the bios
i no its f12 to get in to the bios then options but i dont really no what to do from ear or if i need to change the settiings in this way?
hi guys in process of installing this Installing OpenELEC on HTPCs Part 2 for all OS - OpenELEC Wiki
at the first step it says . Start the computer and make sure it boots from the USB key - you may need to change a setting in the BIOS or simply press F8 or F11 on boot, but that depends on your computer.
what do i need to press on the RL70 on boot?
or how do i change the settings in the bios
i no its f12 to get in to the bios then options but i dont really no what to do from ear or if i need to change the settiings in this way?
I would suggest not changing the BIOS settings, as you are likely to have a USB HDD connected to store movies, and every time you boot the computer will try to boot off this. When the Revo boots up it should say "Boot Options". You may need to restart the computer a few times in order to see this. Once you see this there will be an "F" number beside it (usually "F12"). If you press "FXX" (whatever your one is) it will give you a list of options to boot from, one will be your hard drive and presuming you have the necessary USB plugged in (only plug in the USB with OpenElec on it at this point) it will also list this USB. Simply scroll down to this option and hit enter. You will now be booting from the USB, without a change in the BIOS settngs.
I all ready changed them before your reply and an using Openelec now and it boots straight to xbmc I changed the order and set priority to USB anyway now need help on getting in to my SSH to fix my audio as no sound threw reciver following config guide on wiki
Hi everyone. I would like some help from you guys. Im about to buy this acer aspire revo RL70 (http://www.ebuyer.com/344479-acer-aspire...-sj4ek-001).

What i would like to do with it is being able to stream media full hd 1080p from my NAS Netgear RND4000-200, install xbmc and play emulator games on it, without any problem at all on my Panasonic TX-L42E5B Full HD 42" LED TV.

I would like also to have a cool interface on it and being able to access the play store for download applications and games. Is my sky router Sagemcom F@ST2504 powerful enough to run ps3, acer revo, nas, tv, 2 laptops and 2 smartphones without a problem or should i acquire a new router?

What operation system should i install on revo?

I'm open to any suggestions thanks Smile.

Overdose87,

First off I would suggest this Revo, bigger HDD, more RAM, same price. Only one left though.

Or this Revo, same HDD, same RAM but includes a DVD drive.

Following this I cannot answer your other questions. It will be able to handle 1080p according to reports, without difficulty. I don't know about the other questions though, you would be better off starting your own thread.
Thanks BroLo i missed that one Wink, I will start a new thread hope i get some help.
Your're welcome. The 640GB version also has Radeon 6320 graphics as opposed to the earlier 6310.
(2012-08-21, 13:13)podgey3874 Wrote: I all ready changed them before your reply and an using Openelec now and it boots straight to xbmc I changed the order and set priority to USB anyway now need help on getting in to my SSH to fix my audio as no sound threw reciver following config guide on wiki

You do not need to access your Revo via SSH to make adjustments to sound output. You will find this under System in the menu on your screen.
Adjust to whatever you have connected, and via what connection (HDMI, Optical etc).

(2012-08-21, 15:48)BroLo Wrote: Your're welcome. The 640GB version also has Radeon 6320 graphics as opposed to the earlier 6310.

I think the 6310 is a typo as all of the Acer Revo 70's are with the same chipset GPU and IGP.
FYI, the RL70 is on sale at Newegg right now for $310.
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
It seems to be on sale everywhere at the minute.

Ebuyer seems to have the better deals though, just slightly, which means Brits are getting more bang for their buck.
BroLo have u bought the Acer Aspire Revo RL70?
IS any possibility to the Acer aspire revo Bitstream hd audio?
There seem to be two types of the RV70, one that is wider and has the optical drive and, seemingly, some sort of IR module present. And the smaller chassis with no optical drive that doesn't appear to have an internal IR module for remotes.

The only problem is that eBuyer don't confirm the IR capability in the spec for the wider chassis models....
Not hd bitstreaming for AMD/ati based nettops
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
(2012-08-23, 22:00)OdgeUK Wrote: There seem to be two types of the RV70, one that is wider and has the optical drive and, seemingly, some sort of IR module present. And the smaller chassis with no optical drive that doesn't appear to have an internal IR module for remotes.

The only problem is that eBuyer don't confirm the IR capability in the spec for the wider chassis models....

The smaller without optical drive also comes with IR. Check if the package contains remote. If so..you are all good.
I have the "small" model without optical, and it has ir and remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Aspire Revo RL70 Nettop Advice or Alternatives0