Comics not working at all... Strange issue
I used to have Aeon Nox running on my old PC with full comics support, but on my new install I am having one problem after another.
My main issue with comics is that I can't get it to show up in the home menu at all, but even stranger I can't set a path for my comics. The option doesn't even show up on the menu in home customization.
I am using Aoen Nox 3.0.1 and XBMC 11. Let me know if you have any advice Smile
(2012-07-27, 18:10)dkplayaclub Wrote: I used to have Aeon Nox running on my old PC with full comics support, but on my new install I am having one problem after another.
My main issue with comics is that I can't get it to show up in the home menu at all, but even stranger I can't set a path for my comics. The option doesn't even show up on the menu in home customization.
I am using Aoen Nox 3.0.1 and XBMC 11. Let me know if you have any advice Smile

add comics folder as a source in pictures then add to favourites then you can set it on comic section

Edit I dont think you have to add to favourites just add source in pics then choose path in comics
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
I have my comics folder added in pictures, but I cant set the path to it for comics. Like I said, when I go to the home window customization screen and select comics no option for set path shows up. I have seen tutorial videos that show there being an option for that in the menu, but I just dont have one.

When I select comics all I get is :
- Disable/Enable
- Change Label
- Choose Widget
- Choose Background
- Custom Favorite
- Defaults

Is it just me or is something wrong with that?
(2012-07-27, 20:39)dkplayaclub Wrote: I have my comics folder added in pictures, but I cant set the path to it for comics. Like I said, when I go to the home window customization screen and select comics no option for set path shows up. I have seen tutorial videos that show there being an option for that in the menu, but I just dont have one.

When I select comics all I get is :
- Disable/Enable
- Change Label
- Choose Widget
- Choose Background
- Custom Favorite
- Defaults

Is it just me or is something wrong with that?

can you add the comic folder in custom favourite once added as a source in the picture section and making that source a favourite?

OK. If I make the Comics folder a favorite then select it under Custom Favorite option I can get comics to show up in home menu. Seems a bit round about and I didn't have to do that before I'm pretty sure.
Having a problem browsing the comics now, but at least I'm one step closer to perfection.
(2012-07-27, 21:24)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. If I make the Comics folder a favorite then select it under Custom Favorite option I can get comics to show up in home menu. Seems a bit round about and I didn't have to do that before I'm pretty sure.
Having a problem browsing the comics now, but at least I'm one step closer to perfection.

did you add the folder as a source in pictures THEN add that source as a favourite?
If you didnt follow those steps it wont work correctly

what is the folder structure of your comics as this works perfectly for me
I think I am having a problem due to my folder structure. It looks like this :

COMIC BOOKS\Marvel Comics\Avengers\Volume 1\Annuals

with .cbr files inside all folders

And so on.....

When I open COMICS from the home menu I get to a menu full of blank folders that I can't even scroll through. It worked on my old PC which is why I am so peeved that it has become such a big deal all of a sudden.
OK lets take this step by step one last time to make sure we have done all the correct procedures (Im not being funny BTW I just want to definitley know you have followed the steps correctly as I have no issues with mine)
1. Go to pictures
2. press 'c' - add source
3. highlight comics folder and select it
4. (Comics folder should now be added as a source)
5. Highlight comics folder and press 'c'
6. Choose add to favourites
7. Go to settings page - home menu customization
8. Select comics section
9. Go to custom Favourite and add the comics folder
10. Voila (Hopefully - Works on mine)

The folder structure isnt a problem by the looks of it although mine are

COMICS\(superhero name)\cbr file

but if this has been added as a favourite in pictures it shouldnt affect the folder structure not showing your files.
Leepenny's step by step should work.

If you're still having trouble, wait a couple days and upgrade to 3.5.

In 3.5 you can follow the tutorial video, as the option to set the comic path only exists in 3.5.

Good luck!
just for info: i recommend to use the available comics main menu item, don´t create a custom one. reason is that you eventually won´t have the correct viewtypes when using a custom main menu entry.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
OK. Seems to be working finally. Thanks for everyone's help. Unfortunately it only worked after a reinstall of XBMC.

Now I'm just having a few scans that won't open, but are fine in CDisplay. Gonna look into a way to integrate another reader into XBMC. Would be nice to have zoom and a few other nice options. The built in reader is a bit limited.
(2012-08-02, 05:24)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. Seems to be working finally. Thanks for everyone's help. Unfortunately it only worked after a reinstall of XBMC.

Now I'm just having a few scans that won't open, but are fine in CDisplay. Gonna look into a way to integrate another reader into XBMC. Would be nice to have zoom and a few other nice options. The built in reader is a bit limited.

havent had any issues with my comics
To zoom use the number keys '0' for original size & lef and right arrow keys for up/down page

(2012-08-02, 14:11)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 05:24)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. Seems to be working finally. Thanks for everyone's help. Unfortunately it only worked after a reinstall of XBMC.

havent had any issues with my comics
To zoom use the number keys '0' for original size & lef and right arrow keys for up/down page

if youre using windows try advanced launcher with a comic reader (just another option for you)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comics not working at all... Strange issue0