Assassin Thin Mini-ITX Project
A few pics. More over at my blog.

http://assassinhtpcblog.com/

A very cool little build. Very quiet and a pretty interesting form factor. The thin mini ITX is a new motherboard option. Did I mention that its only 1.85" tall?

Lovely .. Really lovely... Btw what do u use for remote?
I have tested and used a ton of remotes. My current favorite for the money is the Lenovo N5902 (see it in my free hardware guide).

I also have a Harmony One but honestly I use the Lenovo most of the time as I am constantly tinkering and testing and need more than just a simple remote.
FYI this build is about 50C after playing most of 3:10 to Yuma 720p. Not bad and its very quiet. Using about 10% CPU with playback in WMP.
For Registered members on your websites. Do your guides have more details on builds such as this one? Like what parts were used and how to put it together etc.
(2012-07-29, 23:45)toymachine2009 Wrote: For Registered members on your websites. Do your guides have more details on builds such as this one? Like what parts were used and how to put it together etc.

Scroll down. Pics are on main page and free.

After testing max temp 53C on "CPU" and "Core 1 and 2" 46C.
Another pic of the internal components including the very non-traditional CPU cooler...

Would a corei5 fit in there? And be usable with this cooler?
(2012-07-30, 07:57)solamnic Wrote: Would a corei5 fit in there? And be usable with this cooler?

Yes, I think it would work well in this case.
Cheers Smile
(2012-07-29, 23:37)assassin Wrote: I have tested and used a ton of remotes. My current favorite for the money is the Lenovo N5902 (see it in my free hardware guide).

I also have a Harmony One but honestly I use the Lenovo most of the time as I am constantly tinkering and testing and need more than just a simple remote.
FYI this build is about 50C after playing most of 3:10 to Yuma 720p. Not bad and its very quiet. Using about 10% CPU with playback in WMP.

Does the Lenovo N5902 works fully with openelec? also does it have to be in sight with the receiver (can be used if the receiver is in the back usb port of the case)
It's a rf remote.
This is pretty sweet.

How much did it cost you?
(2012-07-30, 15:21)assassin Wrote: It's a rf remote.

And works fully with openelec xbmc??
(2012-07-30, 16:10)solamnic Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 15:21)assassin Wrote: It's a rf remote.

And works fully with openelec xbmc??

Not sure. Could probably test for you.
That´s one nice setup.
I would like to see an AMD A-Series A6-3500 perform with this form factor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assassin Thin Mini-ITX Project0