XBMC keeps crashing in library mode
Hi guys
I am quite new in this forum and a big noob regarding this. I hope you will bear with me. First, I have tried searching for similar problems in the forum but have not found one. If you have seen my problem in a different thread please just link to it, and I'll go there and see.

The problem is my XBMC keeps crashing when browsing my library. When I play video files everything goes fine and it usually takes a 5-10 minutes browsing the library before it crashes. I have tried to delete xbmc completely and installed again, but it does not fix the problem.

You can see my logfile here:
http://pastebin.com/fvY01Cat

If you need further information, please let me know.

Hope some of you cool people can give me a hand.

Thank you in advance for your help Smile
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Unfortunately, that log doesn't contain enough diagnostic information since XBMC wasn't running in debug mode. Please enable debug logging (System > Settings > System > Debugging > Enable debug logging) and then re-create the crash. Upload the new debug log (wiki) and post the link here as you've done above. Thanks.
Thank you for the reply.

I've done as you asked and the Debug Log is here:

http://pastebin.com/uKiiZHkq
Exactly the same problem ive had the last year or so. Havent been able to treat it at all. It is insanely annoying.
Hi to all
I am also new here, I am having the same problem, xbmc keeps crashing when it is updating the library.
I turned of automatic updates on start-up and put xbmc in debug mode this morning and ran several manual updates, no crash ;-)
I'll wait a couple of days and see what happens.
In addition to the log file, there are also several crash dump files, I can upload them if it will help.
My setup:
Machine: Acer Aspire 5520
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-57
GPU NVIDIA GeForce 700M
RAM 2GB
OS Win XP SP2
XBMC Version 11 + PVR

Cheers
Hope this is usefull
(2012-07-31, 21:00)giajen Wrote: Thank you for the reply.

What kind of screensaver in xbmc do you got. Try turning it off and see if the crashes vanish (or decrease the screensaver timeout to 1min and see if it crashes in the moment the screensaver would appear).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-08-01, 13:43)Memphiz Wrote:
(2012-07-31, 21:00)giajen Wrote: Thank you for the reply.

What kind of screensaver in xbmc do you got. Try turning it off and see if the crashes vanish (or decrease the screensaver timeout to 1min and see if it crashes in the moment the screensaver would appear).

I don't get any screen savers. I tried to disable it, and it took a little longer before the crash came but unfortuanately it came again:/...

I've added the new Debug log file here: http://pastebin.com/S8XiT0Z1
deactivate script.tv.show.next.aired it spams the log with errors.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-08-02, 10:07)Memphiz Wrote: deactivate script.tv.show.next.aired it spams the log with errors.

Done. Still crashes though.

The new log file is here: http://pastebin.com/dLEQxhEy
Time for a windows dev now who can do something with windows crash dumps. I'm out.
(2012-08-01, 12:19)hasmak Wrote: I turned of automatic updates on start-up and put xbmc in debug mode this morning and ran several manual updates, no crash ;-)

giajen
I have been running for three days since I changed my setup without crashing ;-)
I have an observation based on previous crashes. XBMC crashed when it could not access a file from the library (if the file has been moved, deleted, renamed or a USB drive unplugged)
If I may suggest.
Deactivate automatic library update on startup. settings -> video -> library
Clean the library: settings -> video -> library
Optional: install library auto-ubdater add-on and set the frequency to suite your needs, also set it to clean the library after updates.
Exit XBMC and restart it.
Let me know how it turns out.
Cheers
(2012-08-03, 09:55)hasmak Wrote:
(2012-08-01, 12:19)hasmak Wrote: I turned of automatic updates on start-up and put xbmc in debug mode this morning and ran several manual updates, no crash ;-)

giajen
I have been running for three days since I changed my setup without crashing ;-)
I have an observation based on previous crashes. XBMC crashed when it could not access a file from the library (if the file has been moved, deleted, renamed or a USB drive unplugged)
If I may suggest.
Deactivate automatic library update on startup. settings -> video -> library
Clean the library: settings -> video -> library
Optional: install library auto-ubdater add-on and set the frequency to suite your needs, also set it to clean the library after updates.
Exit XBMC and restart it.
Let me know how it turns out.
Cheers

Thanks for the help but it still doesn't work. I've started wondering if it is a hardware issue but the funny thing is it only crashes in XBMC (and by crash I mean blue screen of death). Maybe I should run some diagnostics just to be sure.
Quote:Thanks for the help but it still doesn't work. I've started wondering if it is a hardware issue but the funny thing is it only crashes in XBMC (and by crash I mean blue screen of death). Maybe I should run some diagnostics just to be sure.

giajen
It seems we are having different problems.
I don't get windows crashes, it is XBMC that produces errors and has to be shut down.
I am sorry I could not be of help.
Best of luck
Cheers
I also have same problem..xbmc always crash when searching thru library..my movies is in the extern HD everytime i start xbmc and go thru movies booom a crash.
I had the same issue, but was able to solve the problem.
I turned on the debug logging, ran update library, and after XBMC stopped working, I checked what the last directory was that XBMC reported as having worked on.

I had noticed some supspicious log entries about rar files but nothing conclusive.
I decided to remove the last directory that was mentioned in the log (and the movie it contained). Now the last reported directory in the log became the one directory earlier in my movie folder list.
That meant that the problem likely was in the next movie/directory instead of te reported directory.
The next directory also contained some rar files and when I tried to delete those (from my Synology NAS) one rar files reported as being locked an could not be deleted.
It also could not be opened and zip7 reported it as being corrupt.
After some tries, I was able to delete the file from the NAS itself (logged on via the web interface).
Now my library updates are running wihtout problems again.

Hope that this might help some of you.

Kind regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC keeps crashing in library mode0