New hardware for XBMCubuntu
Lightbulb 
Hey

About a year ago I built a new PC which I've been using with Windows and XBMC. The result has been very good, and apart from a few codecs in Eden not suiting all of my movies I have no problems what so ever. At the point when this machine was built I went for a little extra, cause I was planning on using the PC for games and other stuff too. It hasnt really turned out that way, and the I've been moving around quite a bit on the cabinet + it makes more noise than I like when watching movies. Therefore I am now thinking about making a new PC with one purpose, XBMC. I have a few questions which I hope you guys can help me answer.

- First and foremost I wonder what I will loose if I decide to run XBMCubuntu instead of Windows with XBMC on top?
- I've got a pretty nice screen (Panasonic 55" 3D Plasma-TV TX-P55VT30Y), and on my Windows config with a Radeon HD 6780 I could do a quite a bit with the picture from the ATI drivers. Will I have the same possibilities to put on 24Hz and so on?
- What sort of hardware would be suffice for 1080p material? I'm very picky here, so I'd rather pay a bit extra to get something nice than something that will just about work. It's also a point for that it's silent. Not total silence, but fans which doesnt make any noise. I got a NAS in another room with GBps line, so hard drives will not be needed.

I may end up asking more questions as I hopefully get answers. I'm not very good at making myself clear in the Queens English, so don't be afraid to ask for more info if I'm lacking something I should be asking!

Greeting from the cold North

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New hardware for XBMCubuntu0