OS X Video stutter or no sound.
If i run eden i´ve got some stuttering during playback of video files, but all the audio bugs are ok.
I have tried the nightly builds, and this gives me a verry smooth picture with no stuttering video. But this gives me audio problems on non digital video files. the audio is gone(on avi files) after playing a digital videofile such as mkv or dvd rip... if i play an old avi file with mp3 sound the video stutters and the audio is missing. if i reboot the xbmc the avi files are ok..until i play a digital file again. This is only with the nightly.

everything is good with eden, but i got problems with some stuttering video...

running osx 10.8 with an 2010 mac mini.

Anyone??

Plex could be my solution...?
Mac mini mid 2010
I have the same problem with 2 x Mac Mini 2010 version (2.4 and 2.6 dual core). I discovered yesterday that there are not using hardware acceleration and probably the reason for the stutter. I have no problems with small 8 GB Blu-Ray rips, but I have a lot of 20-35 GB rips with DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD.

I tried to completely remove the HD audio track; because I was sure it had something to do with this - no luck. I have decided to give the mac’s one more try. Both of them is placed in a rack in the basement and controlled with Philips Pronto TSU9600. I have installed 2-3 Mac Mini for friends with Lion, and this was not the correct solution. Wakeup problems, volume / iTunes …

I have absolutely no problems with 2 other hardcore I7 computers (PC) in the house.

Just waiting for one of the MAC’s to finish installation of the Mountain Lion. Let’s see what happens ;-)

I will get back with an update.

By the way, reading the plex forum I don’t think changing to Plex will help. I’m also running everything on mysql with data from mymovies.dk
Maybe going back to 10.6.8 would solve some problems? All my audio problems are gone after upgrading to 10.8, but video stuttering on avi files is new..
Mkv files plays verry smooth..
Mac mini mid 2010
Wink 
No! Both mac's is running on 10.6.8 with these problems. Found this link:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129902

We are not alone, but abandoned by the XBMC team ;-)

Just installed Mountain Lion and problem not solved, but a 5-10% better with the stutter. Thought my Mini MAC’s sucks, but the I installed VLC… The video running smooth and crystal clear with absolutely NO stutter!!

What is wrong with XBMC?

I want this to work – PLEASE help Team XBMC!!!!
Do you got any problems regarding audio on avi files after playing digital audio files in nightly, such as an mkv with dts?
Eden: only video stutter on avi files. The stutter is always in the top of the screen..Mp4 and mkv files plays well in eden.. Audio ok!
Mac mini mid 2010
I have just installed the latest nightly, same problems with stutter and no hardware acceleration. Will try Plex the next 30 min.
(2012-08-03, 23:17)premium Wrote: Do you got any problems regarding audio on avi files after playing digital audio files in nightly, such as an mkv with dts?
Eden: only video stutter on avi files. The stutter is always in the top of the screen..Mp4 and mkv files plays well in eden.. Audio ok!

"The stutter is always in the top of the screen", this makes zero sense. a stutter is when an entire frame is dropped, you must be talking about tearing which is an vsync issue. Is vsync on ?
I just installed Plex server and client... No stutter what so ever - smooth as in VLC and no problems with sound.

I don’t want to change to Plex, love XBMC and the MyMovies.dk database.

I can buy 2 new computers or change to plex… Put a gun on my head!
The stutter in the top of the screen might be the deinterlacer ... switch deinterlacing off in the video osd or if its interlaced material switch the deinterlacing method until the "stutter" which isn't a stutter but a "jitter" vanishs.

Whats wrong with XBMC? No clue - guess its a problem when it gets used. Wink

BTW i'm watching live tv on ml since hours without a problem. Though my hackintosh doesn't do hw acceleration i can't "test" much more then just use it. And if this stutter audio whatever problem would be obviously hitting everybody (including us) - we wouldn't sit here and write stuff in the forum...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Video display sync is off in the prefs for video. Should it be on?

Stutter,tearing or jittering.. The video(avi) in not playing smooth, but mkv and other files are ok. This could be a setting somewhere, but a clean install of xbmc with default settings does not help.

What is the difference between eden and nightly? Is it possible to use nightly with the audio software/codec from eden? Nightly plays everything smooth,but gives me audio and stuttering video issues on avi files after playback of mkv files, or other files with digital sound.

If the xbmc is set to analog audio source in prefs the audio is no problem running nightly..
Mac mini mid 2010
I have 2 mac minis 2010 (4gb ram, amd radeon 6630m) and it's the same. When you turn off hardware acceleration and tell xbmc that the amp does not support ac3 and dts everything runs fine. But it sucks when you want to enjoy dolby. What's strange is the fact that it basically works fine. But if you play a multichannel audio source and then want to play for example an avi with mp3 sound the picture stutters and there's no sound. A restart of XBMC fixes this... until the next time you play a that kind of audio again. Must be some kind of bug I guess...
If it`s a bug, there should be a simple fix for this..?
Mac mini mid 2010
Most of the time it is simple to fix a bug... the tricky part is to locate it ;-)
I'm also switching between dts, ac3 and mp3 sound with no issues (nvidia gt220 hdmi). I had problems with that on lion (sound vanishes complete after watching any 5.1 movie). But it seems my hackintosh isn't the best reproducer - most problems related to audio are getting reported by mac mini or in general by original mac users Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
ahh beside that a xbmc.log with debuggin turned on might be helpfull...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stutter or no sound.0